RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World Service and Installation: Camping World/The Profit

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Camping World/The Profit

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/20 08:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

delwhjr wrote:

#Rvcamping wrote:

If the unit had prior warranty work done on it for whatever part and the part malfunctioned again warranty will kick it back because it was already done. Think about it. Why would a brand new RV on the lot need any warranty work on it????

Actually not true. While under the warranty period the item would be covered no matter how many times it failed.
As to why it would need warranty work; parts fail even new ones. After bouncing around who knows where a flaky new part fails and needs replacing. The dealer does it before sale(which would be unusual but I guess it happens) to make it ready for sale.

RV's not like cars, take the F350 to a Ford dealer and your covered for 50,000 miles. RV you take to the selling dealer (most times) and they do the work in hopes you will be back. If they stall long enough you get PO's and won't bring it back. Then there's the factory that does not keep inventory, they order as needed. You best bet on warranty is the manufacture, Suburban, Coleman, Norcold, MorRyde, Lippert ect. The manufacture installs this stuff in their box.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/20 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most RV warranties are a year, two max.

If you're buying a used RV, highly likely (I would say 100% but someone will probably disagree) that the factory warranty is expired or will not transfer.

So, makes zero difference if warranty work was performed or not. You won't have a factory warranty to worry about it breaking again. And if you buy from a dealer, and pay the extended warranty, then you will be covered by that.

So, again, in the end, makes no difference if warranty work was performed.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/20 12:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

RVFax as do car dealers when buying a car

Here's a news flash.
Carfax is a joke.
It is not mandatory anywhere to report to Carfax.
You might have some states that require to report a total etc.

But, as far as service, accidents etc. it is NOT an end all be all for knowing a cars history. Just a wonderful advertisement promo as seen on tv that sadly so many people believe. [emoticon]

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jdb7566

minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/20 09:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

#Rvcamping wrote:

As a past RV owner that did his homework, asked questions, read every form before signing, I'm here to say that one question I didn't think to ask was "Has there been any warranty work on the RV"? Camping Worlds profit my loss. I fought long and hard, wrote letters, made pleading phone calls and have realized that my health both physical and mental needs to rest. RV dealerships should have RVFax as do car dealers when buying a car and the consumer shouldn't have to ask for it. Warranty work is one of the money makers for dealerships I have found. Are they causing damages to an RV so that they can make their monthly quotas, so-called "trained" RV Techs causing damages for a paycheck? Don't buy, rent!

I worked 35+ years in various car dealerships, that brand new car you purchased has had some warranty work done on it before delivery.

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/20 01:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdb7566 wrote:

#Rvcamping wrote:

As a past RV owner that did his homework, asked questions, read every form before signing, I'm here to say that one question I didn't think to ask was "Has there been any warranty work on the RV"? Camping Worlds profit my loss. I fought long and hard, wrote letters, made pleading phone calls and have realized that my health both physical and mental needs to rest. RV dealerships should have RVFax as do car dealers when buying a car and the consumer shouldn't have to ask for it. Warranty work is one of the money makers for dealerships I have found. Are they causing damages to an RV so that they can make their monthly quotas, so-called "trained" RV Techs causing damages for a paycheck? Don't buy, rent!

I worked 35+ years in various car dealerships, that brand new car you purchased has had some warranty work done on it before delivery.
They would also be surprised how many have bodywork before they are sold. Years ago my first real job was inspecting new cars arriving at the dealership and repairing damage.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/20 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

jdb7566 wrote:

#Rvcamping wrote:

They would also be surprised how many have bodywork before they are sold. Years ago my first real job was inspecting new cars arriving at the dealership and repairing damage.

Years ago. my job was inspecting boats, and repairing the damage before they left the FACTORY. Yes everything gets messed up a little sometimes

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/20 06:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Camping World/The Profit
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.