RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV lot OWNERSHIP - deeded lot ownership, live year round

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> RV lot OWNERSHIP - deeded lot ownership, live year round

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/20 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doesn't Escapees have something like this where they sell you a lot you can use as your "base station"?

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

mkc

TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/20 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

Doesn't Escapees have something like this where they sell you a lot you can use as your "base station"?

Some of the parks have lot ownership and some have multi-year lease (ERPU) arrangements, but each park is run individually and most have a waiting list.

Escapees' Rainbow parks and co-ops

2017 LTV Unity

zcookiemonstar

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/20 02:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own my lot in our campground Woodhaven Lakes in northern Illinois. You can't live here it is a campground. You are allowed 180 days per year how ever you want to use them. you can leave your camper year round on your lot. We have a lot of retired people who stay in the warmer months and then go south for the colder ones. My yearly costs are less then some people pay for storage of their RV/camper. We have over 6000 lots so it is open to all ages.

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/20 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have our own " campground " of sorts. My DW & I own 5 1/2 acres about 8 miles out in the " country ". 45ft slab with rv cover, covered patio, septic, water, electricity, and two barns/shop. We go out there and piddle, just relax. Easy to just hookup & go when we want to travel. I added another FHU if friends want to come out with their rv for a few days. . No hassle of campground/HOA rules. Just don't ask how much time/$ we have in this place [emoticon]

nancyjerry

on the road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/20 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems that some 'parks' have a huge monthly fee. I have seen places with $700 month 'rent' !! Is that what some of these suggested places are charging once you buy?
Slightly thought of just putting our own slab etc on a piece of property, but no-have not gone that far into that thought.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 10:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung wrote:

We have our own " campground " of sorts. My DW & I own 5 1/2 acres about 8 miles out in the " country ". 45ft slab with rv cover, covered patio, septic, water, electricity, and two barns/shop. We go out there and piddle, just relax. Easy to just hookup & go when we want to travel. I added another FHU if friends want to come out with their rv for a few days. . No hassle of campground/HOA rules. Just don't ask how much time/$ we have in this place [emoticon]
You can't really look at the cost that way. Some people spend 12k on a weeks vacation to a all inclusive private resort. At least you have something to show for it and can resell when your done.

I have a seasonal lot that some years due to obligations I have used very little. If you look at cost per year on the least used years it would run $250. a day on the most used years the cost drops to $58. If I use it all summer the cost drops to $23. dollars a day.

Now don't ask what the pontoon boat cost per use.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> RV lot OWNERSHIP - deeded lot ownership, live year round
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.