RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: 5th wheel hitches

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > 5th wheel hitches

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MFL

Midwest

Senior Member

Joined: 11/28/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/06/20 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

walker111 wrote:

Another happy BW owner here. 2 pieces about 50 pounds each and so solid in the puck system . Had a curt slider before and that thing was 250 pounds!!!!


You are stronger than you think![emoticon] The 3300 pieces are about 75 lbs each.

Jerry





Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/06/20 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a reason I named it the “B&W HeavyWeight FanBoy Club”


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

twodownzero

NM

Senior Member

Joined: 06/07/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/06/20 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Pullrite Superglide 16k. It's close to 200 pounds, too. It lives in the truck. If someone wants to steal it, I'll take my chances, as it is a real back breaker to get out of the rails.

sayoung

Tx

Senior Member

Joined: 09/17/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/06/20 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I now use a B&W 18K Patriot . I have had aReese 16k and destroyed 2 Andersens [emoticon] before giving in. A Traisaver would be only other brand I would consider now.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 02/06/20 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung wrote:

I now use a B&W 18K Patriot . I have had aReese 16k and destroyed 2 Andersens [emoticon] before giving in. A Traisaver would be only other brand I would consider now.
I'm not trying an Andersen vs B&W, besides we already know the verdict [emoticon], but how did you destroy 2 Andersens, and what were the contributing factors?

I was under the impression they were a pretty sturdy hitch. I mean, not in the same category as B&W, but still... [emoticon]


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

sayoung

Tx

Senior Member

Joined: 09/17/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/06/20 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

sayoung wrote:

I now use a B&W 18K Patriot . I have had aReese 16k and destroyed 2 Andersens [emoticon] before giving in. A Traisaver would be only other brand I would consider now.
I'm not trying an Andersen vs B&W, besides we already know the verdict [emoticon], but how did you destroy 2 Andersens, and what were the contributing factors?

I was under the impression they were a pretty sturdy hitch. I mean, not in the same category as B&W, but still... [emoticon]

Pm sent

WTP-GC

FL

Senior Member

Joined: 12/22/2015

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/07/20 02:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

sayoung wrote:

I now use a B&W 18K Patriot . I have had aReese 16k and destroyed 2 Andersens [emoticon] before giving in. A Traisaver would be only other brand I would consider now.
I'm not trying an Andersen vs B&W, besides we already know the verdict [emoticon], but how did you destroy 2 Andersens, and what were the contributing factors?

I was under the impression they were a pretty sturdy hitch. I mean, not in the same category as B&W, but still... [emoticon]

Pm sent

I’d like to know as well. I’ve used an Andersen and was quite happy with it, even though I now use a B & W. There are well known accounts of a few people who have destroyed a single Andersen during some unusual circumstances, but for someone to have destroyed 2 of them...I’d have to believe there is some user-error involved here.


Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

Moderator

Joined: 10/16/2000

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/07/20 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regarding the OLD arguments on Andersen vs B&W, we are not going down that road again. Keep it up and the thread WILL be closed or deleted.
Barney

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/07/20 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"We are about to buy a newer truck. It will be a 2017 F350. We'll be pulling a Solitude which weighs about 12,650 lbs. empty. What hitch would you recommend for that setup?"

B&W with pucks if possible.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/07/20 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my ordered long bed 2020 has the pucks.. The firs thing I did once signing for the truck was secure a B&W Companion, OEM 20k


Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > 5th wheel hitches
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.