|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Which RV is right for you QUIZ

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
GTO66

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/20 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine came back as a TC which is what I've had for 16 years, not what I've been considering a super C. Maybe worth listening too and keeping the money...

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/28/20 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The quiz left out some important criteria that would provide a finer cut for just the right fit. For instance, what if two adults with no kids (i.e. like the DW and myself) want -> full stick house amenities without hookups (ducted A/C, ducted heat, wet shower, dry bath, etc.), no high steps to enter/exit, at least two good seats for crashing in the evenings, decent chassis ground clearance for occasional off-highway backcountry use, not too long and not too tall for occasional off-highway backcountry use, a gasser for ultimate fuel availability in the U.S., some redundancy in heating, cooling, and electrical charging systems in case of failure, and a common chassis that's been available for awhile for ease in locating parts and service everywhere in the U.S.?

In other words, the quiz should have been structured such that in the end these kind of choices would show up for prospective buyers: Small as tolerable Class B and Class C motorhomes built on a well proven U.S. sourced chassis and with an available 4WD option. [emoticon]

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/20 05:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1995brave wrote:

Mine came back as truck camper. Funny, i just bought a class "B" i like. It will take me down to the coast fishing or anywhere else i want to go for a day or couple weeks if i want.

Truck camper for me, too; which is ironic since it was our truck camper that taught us that we are pretty minimalistic campers. And that led to our cargo van conversion, which is even more convenient and nimble than the TC

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/20 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmmm may be some merit to it. Lol

Mine came back TT and we're on our 4th, even after retiring.
But really the biggest reason is I need the bed of truck to haul my portable Bass boat.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/20 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine came back as a TC also, which is not even close to our wants.
Are they selling Truck Campers?

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, "Bob", has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/20 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After I read the first question I closed the page. I've had a few job interviews like that. I knew in the first 5 minutes it was not a fit and I thanked them for their interest and left.

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/20 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL another truck camper here, that would probably be the last RV I would buy. (no offence to the TC fans)

I think the answers should have had better seperation as I liked most of the answers. [emoticon]

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 200K"

Where we have camped

docsouce

Seekonk Ma.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/20 02:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine came back "pop-up... I have a class C. I'm going to go back and retake the quizz until I get class C. Then I'll now how to think!!!

2016 Thor Freedom Elite 22e
Just right for the two of us!

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

docsouce wrote:

Mine came back "pop-up... I have a class C. I'm going to go back and retake the quizz until I get class C. Then I'll now how to think!!!

docsouce

I was looking at your map. It's looks like you've been to every state in the lower 48 except Louisiana and Florida. Is that right? How can someone go to 46 states and Florida is not one of them? I've been there. It's worth at least a night or two. Heck, you could visit the US Navy Air Museum without going South in the peninsula at all. That's one of the best tourist attractions I've ever seen. And it's free, if you don't want to give them a donation, which I think you should.

docsouce

Seekonk Ma.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/20 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Steve. Thanks for the advise. I'll keep it in mind. We're going on another 10 week trip this coming summer,2020, and again my route doesn't take me through Florida, Louisiana or Alaska. 2 years ago we passed close to Louisiana while we were running west on US 82 but didn't visit/camp there. However next year, 2021 , we're hoping to run the length of the Great River Road. Then I'll probably run through Northern Florida enroute Louisiana. We'll see.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Which RV is right for you QUIZ
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.