|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> campgrounds in destin or pensacola fl

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/20 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out the State Park. We had volunteered there. Very nice, but on sewer if I remember.

ksbowman

Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/20 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

this late in the game finding a place will be difficult although 1 night stays can be found and moving for a second night a possibility. The even harder part will be finding one for $30.

jannie4

illing

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/20 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks All. things have changed a lot with more people rving and the loss of several state park (or partial) campgrounds. Couple of yrs back didn't have nearly the trouble. However, We found a state park by checking each day, but we will have to move after one day to another spot there. We're lucky to be small MH. Will ck out Camp Gulf though for future reference.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/20 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck to you. We've been wanting to go to Fort Pickens on Santa Rosa Island (COE Park) for quite a while and finally the other day an opening/cancellation opened for 4 days in May and we jumper on it.
Many people now a days make their reservation for the up coming year as they are leaving the park.
As I always say, " Dang all those retired Baby Boomers and their RVs taking up all our camping spaces. Oh, wait I are one!"

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/20 05:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jannie4 wrote:

Thanks All. things have changed a lot with more people rving and the loss of several state park (or partial) campgrounds. Couple of yrs back didn't have nearly the trouble. However, We found a state park by checking each day, but we will have to move after one day to another spot there. We're lucky to be small MH. Will ck out Camp Gulf though for future reference.
Might want to get a bank loan before going to Camp Gulf. Last I checked beach sites were over $100 a night.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garmp wrote:

Good luck to you. We've been wanting to go to Fort Pickens on Santa Rosa Island (COE Park) for quite a while and finally the other day an opening/cancellation opened for 4 days in May and we jumper on it.
Many people now a days make their reservation for the up coming year as they are leaving the park.
As I always say, " Dang all those retired Baby Boomers and their RVs taking up all our camping spaces. Oh, wait I are one!"

I have been to Ft Pickens several times. Just so you realize, it is part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore, and is administered by the National Park Service (not COE). I prefer the A Loop but have also stayed on the C loop. Hopefully you have a America the Beautiful Senior Pass, as this will get you in free (normally a $20 gate charge for 7 days) and get the campsite for half price.

Walking trail goes from A loop to and thru the C/E and B/D loops and then thru the day use public parking and past Battery Worth, and on to the Fort itself. Also be sure and walk past the fort, thru the parking area, to a couple of old barracks buildings, where the Ft Pickens/Penscola Bay museum is located (I think this is called the Discovery Center).

If you are up and around in the morning, you will hear the anthem being played during the flag raising on the NAS across the bay. Most everyone pauses to pay their respects during this time. Walk the stairs to the very top of the observation building of Battery Worth, for a tree top level view of things.

Battery Cooper loop road was closed due to concerns over the possible collapse of the metal observation tower on the road. Not sure if that has reopened or not.

Charles

Need a new owner for my 2007 Winnebago View 523H on a '06 Sprinter 3500 chassis. 30k+ mi, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dymanics PD4645, Chill Grille, deep alum trans pan, Roadmaster sway bar.
Replaced by a '08 Thor FS180 travel trailer and 2003 Ram 2500 CTD 6 spd

twichers

Navarre, FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/20 05:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here in Navarre, there are 3 primary private campgrounds on the sound: Navarre Beach, Emerald Beach and Santa Rosa. Santa Rosa probably the most expensive but i dont know costs.

If not focused on staying on the coast, look into the various state campgrounds inland such as in the Blackwater State Park like Bear Lake Campground. Niceville has Fred Gannon ROcky Bayou State Park on a bayou

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/20 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is limitations on stay length at Ft Pickens and other fed parks

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/20 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Limitations? I believe that it is two weeks and don't know the specifics as if you can change sites or must leave for a week or so before returning, etc.

CharlesinGA. I know it isn't a COE park, but it does fall under the geezer pass which I/we do have. But thanks.

jannie4

illing

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/20 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks for the info. will ck into it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> campgrounds in destin or pensacola fl
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.