RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Impossible RV specs... Help!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Impossible RV specs... Help!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
LMHS

NM

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/22 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does it HAVE to be a Class C? Have you looked at truck campers. If your truck is big enough to handle the load, you can even tow a car behind them. This one looks like a great alternative to a Class C. http://ruggedmountaincustomrv.com/new-denali-3s-flatbed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsEi_npWrcw

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/22 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Sunseeker 2350LE at 24’-5” , offers a Serta pillowtop 60-80 queen as well as a second foam 60-90 in the cabover which is also a large storage area.
There is no slide in the dinette but after removing the curved dinette cushions and replacing them with reclining swivel gaming chairs, we are happy not to have to deal with a slideout.
The comfort of the gaming chairs which are mounted to the dinettes plywood base, are comfy for long term sitting. We never feel cramped in this non-slide floorplan and we always have a large k-9 along. If its of major importance, OEM Seats can always be swapped out for upgrades in the cab area.

You might want to research a similar floorplan on a Transit chassis opposed to an E450 for the increased fuel mileage. You’ll suffer some payload loss but gain mpg. Just something to consider.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/22 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

The Sunseeker 2350LE at 24’-5” , offers a Serta pillowtop 60-80 queen as well as a second foam 60-90 in the cabover which is also a large storage area.

That is the C I am hoping to find - I like the nice little touches that Forest River puts on their RVs, like making them easy to winterize. I was at a dealer last week looking at a similar-sized Thor, and the salesman tried to convince me that sitting cross-legged on the floor to winterize was "normal". Good grief - I'm 70 and not getting any nimbler...

Unfortunately, these small Cs seem hard to find in our area (SW Michigan) so I wish the OP the best of luck!
Deb

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Impossible RV specs... Help!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.