|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Charge for each pet ??? your thoughts

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/20 06:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to hear from a park owner that has looked into insurance policy pricing for the campground that allows pets versus not allowing pets. If the charge is used to cover an increase in insurance cost because dogs are allowed, they are charging the correct patrons.

I don't like the idea floated by earlier posters relating the charge to park employees cleaning up after the dogs. This implies that if I pay my $5 I don't have to clean up the mess. I paid for someone else to do it.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

winniman

muskoka Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/20 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

I would like to hear from a park owner that has looked into insurance policy pricing for the campground that allows pets versus not allowing pets. If the charge is used to cover an increase in insurance cost because dogs are allowed, they are charging the correct patrons.

I don't like the idea floated by earlier posters relating the charge to park employees cleaning up after the dogs. This implies that if I pay my $5 I don't have to clean up the mess. I paid for someone else to do it.

They are not going to tell you that the fee is to clean up after your pet, but the reality is, someone has to do it. They cant just leave doggie do everywhere. Quite often it is in vacant sites. Do you want to pull in to find a nice pile in your campsite.

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/20 08:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

winniman wrote:

schlep1967 wrote:

They are not going to tell you that the fee is to clean up after your pet, but the reality is, someone has to do it. They cant just leave doggie do everywhere. Quite often it is in vacant sites. Do you want to pull in to find a nice pile in your campsite.

Been to 100's of campgrounds. Never seen an employee pick up after the idiots who don't clean up after their pets.

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/20 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The owner is probably tired of having his employees spend time picking up after pet owners, and tired of hearing from campers who are irate because their toddler found a dog turd to play with on their campsite.

Over the last ten or so years, as parks have relaxed their rules, a good number of dog owners have decided that it is their God given right to show up with four big dogs, take them to the beach, let them run around off leash, and only clean up after them if someone is watching.

Last year at a state park, we watched the owners of a 170 lb Newfoundland allow their dog to defecate in the brush directly behind their site for three days, and never picked up a thing.

Some dog owners are their own worst enemies.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/20 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would pay it, but I don't like RV parks.
I just stayed in a motel in Elko and paid $10 a day for each of my 3 dogs per night.
If they charge for pets, they probably have a clean facility.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/20 09:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

I can understand how some might feel that way but don't agree with it.

Whether at home or on the road I clean up after the Collies. I do not want to step in it, I don't want the Collies to step in it, I don't want flies swarming the campsite, I don't want the smells. I to have checked in to find a unwanted (gift) in the campsite that I've had to clean up. Same with parents that think the fire pit is a place to dispose of baby diapers along with the bushes. I've had to clean up those as well. The worst was a large family from India. Where ever they got done with a plate of food or pop they just dropped it, trash everywhere. The owner of the campground made them pick up all their trash.

I wish campground employees would drive to the campsite with the client before and after the stay to verify it was clean and in order. It's not just dog owners that are slobs.

wxtoad

Sturbridge MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 07:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Charlie D. wrote:

winniman wrote:

schlep1967 wrote:

Been to 100's of campgrounds. Never seen an employee pick up after the idiots who don't clean up after their pets.

We were volunteer camp hosts at a FL state park for a number of years and I can tell you we picked up LOTS of doggie-doo!

2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NO matter how you slice it dogs create more work for the CG. WE all read the post of poo on the ground,dogs barking,leash issues etc.
At some point the CG has to deal with these headaches.
Consider the fee as payment to the CG for the bad owners that create bad scenarios.
Who are the bad owners? We really don't know but we see and feel the effects of the bad owners almost every trip.
For those that really despise the fee you can protest by boycotting the CG or leaving you dog at home. Works for everyone.

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would avoid a place like that if at all possible. We clean up after our dog.We bring spring water for her to drink so the dog doesn't use anything unless they have a dog park. Now I would pay extra for that.

shelbyfv

TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 02:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd pay extra for a campground that didn't allow dogs.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Charge for each pet ??? your thoughts
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.