|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> washer and dryer or combo

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Morning or afternoon, whatever it is where you are. I am in the process of the thinking stages and the pros and cons of combo units vs separate units. also where does the moisture go with a vent-less unit. I have the option of any combination of whatever in my fifth wheel, stack-able or separate. Units type, styles, brands etc. thanks in advance for your real life experience, not just an opinion.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Space is always at a premium in RV's

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The ventless types are sealed units that, to dry, heat the clothes up to the point the water in the clothes turns to vapor and then is cooled and condensed by adding cool water to the unit to condense the vapor back to liquid water. All that liquid then goes out the drain, not into the RV. BUT. They take a LOT of extra water, longer to dry, and many feel that the clothes still come out damp feeling. Very few report being happy with them.

Separate or combo is a matter of opinion. Many prefer the separate units so they can wash one load while drying another. Others want the extra space for storage and prefer the combo. With the combo you can set it to wash AND dry, put in a load of laundry, go about your daily activities, and come back later to a clean dry set of laundry without having to wait around to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer. Whatever floats your boat.

jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

space isn't an issue with us as we have plenty of space and lots of unused space. as far as the closet issue that is the only thing that may be an issue with some access to use them. but that is what it is.

jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oops, forgot, our closet is set up to use one on each side if i want

Thomas/NH

Exeter, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/20 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a combo unit, vented... It does a good job with small batches (I think its like 2 cubic ft.), there are some drawbacks, load size is one issue the more you pack in there the worst job you get, second the closes come out wrinkled. Which is not a problem for me, but irritates my wife. It also takes 4 hrs to do a single load which is also not a problem for me, but seems like a enturnity for someone waiting to do another load. Separate machines is definitely the way to go unless space & weight is an issue.

rwess

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Splendide vented is the best

rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

RedRollingRoadblock

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Splendie vented and find it works well. I wouldn't want to wash my greasy work clothes in it but those days are gone. Sometimes I wish for the extra space and the free space above the unit helps with that.

2 cubit feet? Ha. The DW is a master at putting 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound bag. Same with washer. I dread the day she kills it with the overloading but...

We have found that the wrinkles are reduced by taking out the cloths and fluffing them after the spin cycle reduces wrinkles. But that happens rarely.

As far as time, we got all the time available. Load in the AM, open gray valve, go play, return home and maybe do another load. Maybe toss in another load at bedtime, nothing like being rocked to sleep by the washer spin cycle.

Having the unit cuts down on the clothes we bring and it doubles as a hamper when no FHU's.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have room I highly suggest side by side Bosch 500 series.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/20 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems to me that unless one is spending a lot of time on the road, or if the other half really objects to the local laundromat, a washer/dryer is a very heavy option.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> washer and dryer or combo
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.