RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Disney world in July

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 12:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IF you are having issues getting a reservation, drop me a PM. I am a Disney travel agent as side work and will work on it for you. I have already booked for a couple of RV.net folks.

Joe

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Expensive, hot, sticky, crowded.

Double ditto.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

DavidandDayle

Guelph, Ont

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 10:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It wasn't asked but FW is the only place on the Disney property that you can stay in with your pets. But you might be cautious about leaving them in the MH in July.
On a scale of 1-10, I rate FW a 12-12-12.

David and Dayle

jbc28

Gadsden, AL

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/20 05:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stew47 wrote:

Holy heat wave I think wife and kids want to go to Disney this July. So is ft wilderness worth it? Any other campgrounds? Worth it to drag the Jeep behind motorhome? I’ve only been to magic kingdom one time. This time would be 4 day package. What everyone thoughts?

We have spent the week of July 4th at the Fort for the last 2 years, and we have this year booked. We have annual passes and go multiple times per year. So we don't try to ride everything or see everything. We spend a lot of time at the Fort and in the pool or riding bikes/golf cart. It will super hot and super crowded. If you spend all day in the parks you will need a vacation from the vacation. My advice is to rope each morning then leave by 11am. Hit the pool, relax at the camper, go on a resort tour, or visit Disney Springs, then head back into the park late in the evening. Take advantage of the extra magic hours. 11am to 6pm at the parks will be a crowded hot hell.

2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate
2019 Momentum 381M

2 Retired

Montross, Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/20 06:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Took our whole family to Disney for our 40th Anniversary. It was August, and it was very hot and humid. Have stayed in Ft. Wilderness several times, and recommend it for just about everything. Convenience cannot be understated. Pricy? Yes, but CGs anywhere near MIckey are close to same cost and not nearly as good. (One was Tropical Palms and we will never go back). If you are only going to be there 4 days and do not plan to go anywhere else but Disney, no need for a car. You can get everywhere using Disney transportation and really don't need to leave the parks. Suggest renting a golf cart though. Great for around the CG, which is like an extra resort in and of itself. Yes, they're not cheap, but it was worth it for us. Best thing about staying in Ft Wilderness is being able to save a few $ by eating meals 'at home' & you can come and go as you like - not stuck all day and evening in the park to 'get your money's worth'. We would be in the park early, break back to the RV for lunch (and naps if required), go back to park, return for pool time and dinner, and then go back for evening and fireworks. Couldn't make this work when outside Disneyworld.

Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/20 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Above 2 replies are SPOT ON !!!!!!

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/20 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

July sounds good. July, 1989. Disney anything is too expensive and too crowded now and I don't want to pay a lot of money to watch rich (or foolish) people who pay a lot more money get to cut in lines. I can stand in line at the DMV for a lot less money, and they have air conditioning. But I'm not going to do that, either. I went 10 years ago. I used to say that in about 20 years I'll want to go again. I don't think I would go again in 50 years. Is Universal Park any less crowded and expensive?

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/20 05:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

davelinde wrote:

Just outside the parks near Celebration is a campground called Tropical Palms. We spent several winters there and liked it a lot. For that you would need a vehicle to get into the parks (and pay to park it).

This is what we did the last time we were there. We LOVE Tropical Palms, great little campground and close to Old Town which is a cool walk to some nice restaurants.

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

WTP-GC

FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/20 05:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We’ve stayed at FW many times in all seasons.
It’s 100% worth it IF you intend on doing the parks. Warning...plan to bring all food and misc. pantry/camper needs because coming and going from there is very time consuming, plus it’s Orlando which has become one of the worst driving experiences in the universe.

Also, bring bug zappers, citronella candles, bee keeper suits and a bulk supply of Benadryl cream. The can of bug spray they give you at check-in will barely get you through the night ;-)

Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/20 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

Is Universal Park any less crowded and expensive?

Nope.

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.