RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Disney world in July

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DallasSteve

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 05/28/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/14/20 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ependydad wrote:

DallasSteve wrote:

Is Universal Park any less crowded and expensive?


Nope.

Thanks. That's what I thought.





ppine

Northern Nevada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/04/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/14/20 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bad idea to go to Florida in July.
I haven't been to DisneyWorld since 1972.
Staying in a phony rv park called Fort Wilderness has zero appeal.
Otherwise it is a good idea.

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

Senior Member

Joined: 02/21/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/15/20 07:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Expensive, hot, sticky, crowded.

and daily afternoon rain


Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

stew47

ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 01/11/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/29/20 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Haha well scratch all that. Thanks for the reply’s and I’ll be able to reference when we do go. Wife and boys want to go to Grand Canyon and possible even California. I’ll post in a new post.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/20 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see many problems with this.
HOT!
Dealing with lots of people in the heat!
Dealing with screaming kids in the heat!
Standing in long hot lines in the heat!
Eating food in the heat!
Walking a lot in the heat!
Spending a lot of money in the heat!
If you go to the pool it will be in the heat!
You will be sweating in the heat!
You'll be swearing a lot in the heat!
It will rain when it's hot.
Then you'll be wet in the heat!
And you'll still be in FL in the heat!

Did I mention it will be HOT?

However, as my sig says, a bad day (week) of camping is better than a good day at work! So you can see my delema.

Grand Canyon sounds like fun......would you like to hear my comments on Cali?


Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!


Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

Senior Member

Joined: 09/30/2002

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/20 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe a Corona or two. Think about it! Crowds intimidate me, especially international crowds.

DallasSteve

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 05/28/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/20 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:


Grand Canyon sounds like fun......would you like to hear my comments on Cali?

Cali is a city in Colombia. I'm going there next week. What comments do you have about it?

stew47

ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 01/11/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/01/20 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

I see many problems with this.
HOT!
Dealing with lots of people in the heat!
Dealing with screaming kids in the heat!
Standing in long hot lines in the heat!
Eating food in the heat!
Walking a lot in the heat!
Spending a lot of money in the heat!
If you go to the pool it will be in the heat!
You will be sweating in the heat!
You'll be swearing a lot in the heat!
It will rain when it's hot.
Then you'll be wet in the heat!
And you'll still be in FL in the heat!

Did I mention it will be HOT?

However, as my sig says, a bad day (week) of camping is better than a good day at work! So you can see my delema.

Grand Canyon sounds like fun......would you like to hear my comments on Cali?


Haha love to hear your comments on California!

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/20 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

dodge guy wrote:


Grand Canyon sounds like fun......would you like to hear my comments on Cali?

Cali is a city in Colombia. I'm going there next week. What comments do you have about it?


OK, ya got me on that one! LOL

keepmotoring

North Carolina

Senior Member

Joined: 10/18/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/02/20 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

We have been going to Disney in July-August for close to 30 years.. With the kids in school, and DW working for the school district it made sense.

I live in SE PA, it gets hot in the summer... to US, Disney is no hotter than Disney, except your on vacation when in Disney... ALL the shops are AC, the lines to the rides are mostly indoor, so no worries there...
This might be true, but you are walking all over the park on the outside with black pavement under your feet. However everyone is different. Glad you have fun.


LUVRVN

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.