|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
WTP-GC

FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

sam22 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Google it and get all the information first hand.

Great, thanks for the super helpful response. I'm so glad you're here to provide such valuable information to people.
The best way to find out anything is to go to the source. If you want second hand information, simply rely on someone else to do your checking for you, and hope they got it all right. Sometimes the easiest way is the smartest way.

Plus my answer was to the second poster's question.

LOL
But really, the OP’s question is a result of YouTube and forum reliance. It’s like he’s trying to find the Amazon reviews for the services offered by the website.

In this case, nothing beats trying it yourself and seeing if you like it. If it works for you, then it works for you.

Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sam22 wrote:

It searches campgrounds every few minutes to check for cancellations and sends you text messages to let you know if a spot opens up at the campground you are trying to find a spot for.

Yeah ... I just tried Campnab, but it still doesn't offer what I most often want: Notification whenever a SPECIFIC SITE becomes available - due to cancellations - on your specific desired dates that you REALLY WANT but was already reserved on those dates when you first tried to reserve it.

Campnab seems to be able to notify you when a specific campground has a previously reserved site anywhere in it that opens up - but NOT when a specific desired site in that specific campground opens up.

For example, we want a specific group site in a specific camground that is very difficult to get in certain months - unless you reserve one year in advance. That is not the way we want to RV camp ... nor do we want tie up hundreds of dollars in reservation fees for months in advance before we actually camp.

* This post was edited 02/10/20 12:48pm by pnichols *

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The software capability for the functionality the OP is looking for exists, but would be costly to go through each facility inventory and serve up the results. You'd either have to endure a lot of ads or pay a fee- neither of which would likely resonate with the target audience.

PartyOf5: Us 2 & 3 pre-teens trying to connect, learn, appreciate creation & the Creator. 5 yrs, 50k

May you find Peace in all that you endeavor

sam22

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

sam22 wrote:

It searches campgrounds every few minutes to check for cancellations and sends you text messages to let you know if a spot opens up at the campground you are trying to find a spot for.

Yeah ... I just tried Campnab, but it still doesn't offer what I most often want: Notification whenever a SPECIFIC SITE becomes available - due to cancellations - on your specific desired dates that you REALLY WANT but was already reserved on those dates when you first tried to reserve it.

Campnab seems to be able to notify you when a specific campground has a previously reserved site anywhere in it that opens up - but NOT when a specific desired site in that specific campground opens up.

For example, we want a specific group site in a specific camground that is very difficult to get in certain months - unless you reserve one year in advance. That is not the way we want to RV camp ... nor do we want tie up hundreds of dollars in reservation fees for months in advance before we actually camp.

Thanks, that's sort of what I was thinking. You might just get a bunch of notifications about sites being available that you don't want or can't use. Thanks!

Camper:
2015 Evergreen Ascend 232BHS
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 04:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If they could get it nailed down and right. seems like it would be a great service for both the CG's and the consumer. Never used it so I have no idea about anything, other than sounds like a great business idea. WPRV would I am sure have some good insight

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 08:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had no Idea things were getting that tough to get a site. We visited Banff/ Jasper 12 times and never had to reserve at anytime. My first time there was 1971 when I hitch hiked with a backpack,tent, clean clothes and a hair cut from Monterey. He he..... a doctor picked mE up in Portland and flew me over the Cascades in his airplane to NW Washington. Then Border guard gave me a ride to the trans Canada Highway. I can't tell you how fun it was in those days.

sam22

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

covered wagon wrote:

I had no Idea things were getting that tough to get a site. We visited Banff/ Jasper 12 times and never had to reserve at anytime. My first time there was 1971 when I hitch hiked with a backpack,tent, clean clothes and a hair cut from Monterey. He he..... a doctor picked mE up in Portland and flew me over the Cascades in his airplane to NW Washington. Then Border guard gave me a ride to the trans Canada Highway. I can't tell you how fun it was in those days.

Wow that sounds pretty great! I'm not sure you could get away with that these days. You can can get a site in Banff easier than Jasper, the biggest campground in Japser has been closed since 2018 so that makes it more difficult. Almost impossible if you want any hookups. Things have changed!

austinjenna

Columbus, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 04:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Campnab seems to be able to notify you when a specific campground has a previously reserved site anywhere in it that opens up - but NOT when a specific desired site in that specific campground opens up

I checked it out and thought the same thing. Sometimes we only want a certain few sites. Maybe in the future that could be added on but right now for me it doesnt seem it will work out.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

SanCap

Sanibel Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 05:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be Very careful with Campnab. I wanted to see if this worked as advertised so I set up an alert for a campground I have been trying to get into that is always booked. I followed the process and only input my email. After completing that the prompts quickly went to choosing a monthly or annual package.

At that point I left the website but did notice their cheapest annual package was $90.

A couple hours later I saw an email thanking me for joining with an annual subscription and my next payment was due 2-10-2021. I followed up and checked my CC statement and I had been charged $89.95 for an annual subscription to "Active Advantage". I never input a credit card number.

I contacted my credit card company and discussed this fraud and my card was cancelled. After a little research I found others that have had similar things happen to them with Active Advantage. The only thing that I found online was that Reserve America name was a common denominator.

This may be an isolated case but be careful and check your statements if you visited that site, the only thing I can think of is this is a rebranded company that I worked with previously and retained my CC number.

Coincidence maybe??? Most Likely not.

Formerly Jimandsue60 2015 Toyota Tundra, 2019 AT Summit Camper

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SanCap wrote:

Be Very careful with Campnab. I wanted to see if this worked as advertised so I set up an alert for a campground I have been trying to get into that is always booked. I followed the process and only input my email. After completing that the prompts quickly went to choosing a monthly or annual package.

At that point I left the website but did notice their cheapest annual package was $90.

A couple hours later I saw an email thanking me for joining with an annual subscription and my next payment was due 2-10-2021. I followed up and checked my CC statement and I had been charged $89.95 for an annual subscription to "Active Advantage". I never input a credit card number.

I contacted my credit card company and discussed this fraud and my card was cancelled. After a little research I found others that have had similar things happen to them with Active Advantage. The only thing that I found online was that Reserve America name was a common denominator.

This may be an isolated case but be careful and check your statements if you visited that site, the only thing I can think of is this is a rebranded company that I worked with previously and retained my CC number.

Coincidence maybe??? Most Likely not.

Ah, I was wondering how they figured to make any money. Now we know.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.