|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> black tank chemicals

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
pushtoy 2

texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 05:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

what kind of wast digester does everyone use?? iam wanting to switch i am using ODERLESS it doesnt seem to be working.. iam not a full timer but useto be can i get some feed back please

DREAMER ">

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Plain water. If you use enough water and flush your tanks, you don't need any chemicals. The length of time any solids are in your tank isn't nearly long enough for any enzymes to really do anything and they just end up in the recipients' septic system. Been using plain water for the past 7 years and never had an issue. I did install back flush systems on both grey and black and I can say it makes things much easier.

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 07:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from ATC

sgfrye

north carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Plain water. If you use enough water and flush your tanks, you don't need any chemicals. The length of time any solids are in your tank isn't nearly long enough for any enzymes to really do anything and they just end up in the recipients' septic system. Been using plain water for the past 7 years and never had an issue. I did install back flush systems on both grey and black and I can say it makes things much easier.

x2

rdhetrick

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sgfrye wrote:

way2roll wrote:

x2

X3

If you're getting odors, it more likely a venting problem.

Rob
2005/06 Mandalay 40E Full Time
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it would be more helpful if the OP described when and where the odor is coming from if possible. [emoticon]

mbopp

Henrietta, NY, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were full time seasonal last summer. Using Happy Camper, we could go 9 days before the toilet started to smell. The Geo Method and TankTechsRX are other options.

2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Trek friends tipped me off to Happy Campers a few years ago and I've been using it ever since with excellent results. I put one scoop in the toilet and use my bowl mop to clean the toilet (and up under the ring) to keep the bowl sparkly and odor free, then flush. I put another scoop in the sink to swish it around to make sure it completely dissolves before releasing it to the tank. My Trek came with a black tank flush system and I added a diverter valve along with a flush spray for the greywater tank.

https://www.usautoauthority.com/best-rv-holding-tank-treatments/

https://www.smartrving.net/best-rv-holding-tank-treatments/

[image]

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

cavie

Port Charlotte Fl/ Hindsdale MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Orange tabs from Walmart.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DFord wrote:

My Trek friends tipped me off to Happy Campers a few years ago and I've been using it ever since with excellent results. I put one scoop in the toilet and use my bowl mop to clean the toilet (and up under the ring) to keep the bowl sparkly and odor free, then flush. I put another scoop in the sink to swish it around to make sure it completely dissolves before releasing it to the tank. My Trek came with a black tank flush system and I added a diverter valve along with a flush spray for the greywater tank.

https://www.usautoauthority.com/best-rv-holding-tank-treatments/

https://www.smartrving.net/best-rv-holding-tank-treatments/

[image]

Can't find anywhere what the list of ingredients are- Not on their website, google search, nothing. (material safety data sheet) Happy Campers consists of Zinc salts and unnamed materials. Happy Camper is a highly concentrated monohydrate (which is a fancy way of saying there is one molecule of water per molecule of the rest of the ingredients). blend of minerals and micro nutrients. Curious why they don't tell you what those micro nutrients are. I'm always cautious of products labelled as "organic" and "natural" as those claims are not really regulated and are used a lot in marketing and further cautious when it's really hard to find out what's actually in it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> black tank chemicals
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.