|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> black tank chemicals

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if anything really disolves waste faster but thanks for using something. Otherwise, when you dump you stink up the entire CG or dump station.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

pushtoy 2

texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thank you all for tour replys. i guess iam gona try that happy camper stuff.. thanks again

DREAMER ">

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

I don't know if anything really disolves waste faster but thanks for using something. Otherwise, when you dump you stink up the entire CG or dump station.

If your connections are sealed properly, this shouldn't be an issue. But I get that a lot of people don't do things the way they are supposed to.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

ScottG wrote:

If your connections are sealed properly, this shouldn't be an issue. But I get that a lot of people don't do things the way they are supposed to.

There's always a vent nearby, especially at dump stations, so no matter how tight the sewer connection is, the sudden influx of that much volume can force gasses out of them.
Of course, these are also the same cheap guys who wont replace a hose that only leaks "slightly" and even a little spillage reeks.

Dirtclods

Newport Beach

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use TSP max Our rig is parked out front 24/7 we're in the midst of a remodel so one bathroom is down. The Toy Hauler restroom has been used quite a bit and no smell over a month.

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Can't find anywhere what the list of ingredients are- Not on their website, google search, nothing. (material safety data sheet) Happy Campers consists of Zinc salts and unnamed materials. Happy Camper is a highly concentrated monohydrate (which is a fancy way of saying there is one molecule of water per molecule of the rest of the ingredients). blend of minerals and micro nutrients. Curious why they don't tell you what those micro nutrients are. I'm always cautious of products labelled as "organic" and "natural" as those claims are not really regulated and are used a lot in marketing and further cautious when it's really hard to find out what's actually in it.

Good point. How many other treatment chemicals publish their material data sheets? Has Coke ever published a list of their ingredients?

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 10:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DFord wrote:

way2roll wrote:

Can't find anywhere what the list of ingredients are- Not on their website, google search, nothing. (material safety data sheet) Happy Campers consists of Zinc salts and unnamed materials. Happy Camper is a highly concentrated monohydrate (which is a fancy way of saying there is one molecule of water per molecule of the rest of the ingredients). blend of minerals and micro nutrients. Curious why they don't tell you what those micro nutrients are. I'm always cautious of products labelled as "organic" and "natural" as those claims are not really regulated and are used a lot in marketing and further cautious when it's really hard to find out what's actually in it.

Good point. How many other treatment chemicals publish their material data sheets? Has Coke ever published a list of their ingredients?

That's why I don't drink Coke. [emoticon]

wopachop

lb

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder how many campgrounds are on septic and have issues from different chemicals?

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Could be that it is not a good idea to list "snake oil" as an ingredient when you are trying to sell a product. [emoticon]

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wopachop wrote:

I wonder how many campgrounds are on septic and have issues from different chemicals?

I think this is primarily why formaldehyde was outlawed, but natural decomposition really only requires the proper bacteria which are of course natural. Additives like fragrances etc are hard on microbes. Tank conditioners with soaps, dyes, etc, wreak havoc on natural bacterial decomposition. Water should really be the only thing a properly maintained RV septic system should need. IMHO, If it smells, you have another issue.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> black tank chemicals
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.