RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Med. travel trailer with bed and "living area @ oppsite ends

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Med. travel trailer with bed and "living area @ oppsite ends

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
tmckenna

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

I believe any manufacturer that offers
a rear living floorplan will fill the bill. We owned a Jayco WhiteHawk 27 DSRL. 2013 model with a single slide that contained the dinette and sofa. Front bedroom separated from living area by the bath and kitchen. The overall length bumper to tongue was 31' 6", the actual box was 27'. A great couples trailer that could accommodate the occasional grandchild.

Jayco still builds the floorplan but in 2019 renamed it 28RL.

I don't love the rear living floor plans because the majority of the seating is across from the kitchen area, would prefer it to "compartmentalized" more from front to back, rather than mixing the kitchen area with the living area.

WayneAt63044

St. Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2013 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 26VFK that might fit your needs if you can find a used one. We, too, wanted private access to the bathroom from either of 2 sleeping areas. The door from the rear short queen is solid and slides. The bath is over the axles and is separated from the center dinette/living area with a solid hinged door. The dinette is curb side and opposed on the street side by a slide out that contains a sofa/inflatable mattress bed. Kitchen is in the front. Gross weight is 7,800 lbs and we have towed it all over the US including mountains with our 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi Quad cab 4x2 with 3.92 gears. There is a door between the living area and rear bedroom which bypasses the bathroom. We leave it permanently closed and on the bedroom side filled the space with a wardrobe and on the living side built a bench across the doorway with a place to sit or pile something along with storage bins below.

2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure you will find what you seek in an under 30' trailer, the size is the limiting factor. Happy hunting.

tmckenna

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WayneAt63044 wrote:

We have a 2013 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 26VFK that might fit your needs if you can find a used one. We, too, wanted private access to the bathroom from either of 2 sleeping areas. The door from the rear short queen is solid and slides. The bath is over the axles and is separated from the center dinette/living area with a solid hinged door. The dinette is curb side and opposed on the street side by a slide out that contains a sofa/inflatable mattress bed. Kitchen is in the front. Gross weight is 7,800 lbs and we have towed it all over the US including mountains with our 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi Quad cab 4x2 with 3.92 gears. There is a door between the living area and rear bedroom which bypasses the bathroom. We leave it permanently closed and on the bedroom side filled the space with a wardrobe and on the living side built a bench across the doorway with a place to sit or pile something along with storage bins below.

That one is actually really nice, I like the fact that it has 2 slides, especially one being in the bedroom. Only thing thats iffy for me is the secondary sleeping arrangements being between the master bedroom and the kitchen. Its not a deal breaker, just a personal preference honestly.

WayneAt63044

St. Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Single slide in the living area. No slide in the bedroom.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deltabravo wrote:

Outdoors RV TimberRidge 24RLS or 24RKS, but I'd want a 3/4 truck to tow them, and probably a diesel. They are heavy.

Ouch, those whales are also longer than the OP asked for at 28' 8" tongue to rear ladder.. Which re-enforces that the OP NEEDs to expand into a longer trailer to find what they are asking for.

Quite heavy to boot at advertised 6650 lbs empty and dry hitch of 795 lbs (any any seasoned RV owner knows the advertised dry weight is typically a bogus number and the actual dry weight will be heavier).

Found info HERE

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Something else to take into consideration, having the "bath" functions in the middle of the RV means one side of the trailer will be cut off from the other when bathroom is "occupied"..

Or in some cases the Lavatory sink will be outside the toilet or shower area in order to not cut off passage from front to rear.

This is typical and can't be avoided with having the bath in the middle..

Personally, I have no issue walking a few extra feet to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night, yes, it requires me to pass by the couch/bed, but to give those sleeping on that bed some "privacy" we added a curtain at that area they can pull closed..

After all, you ARE "camping" and with camping one must make a few concessions..

tmckenna

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/20 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer wrote:

Something else to take into consideration, having the "bath" functions in the middle of the RV means one side of the trailer will be cut off from the other when bathroom is "occupied"..

Or in some cases the Lavatory sink will be outside the toilet or shower area in order to not cut off passage from front to rear.

This is typical and can't be avoided with having the bath in the middle..

Personally, I have no issue walking a few extra feet to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night, yes, it requires me to pass by the couch/bed, but to give those sleeping on that bed some "privacy" we added a curtain at that area they can pull closed..

After all, you ARE "camping" and with camping one must make a few concessions..

Most of the layouts I've been looking at have dual entry so both areas are accessible even if the bathroom is occupied, and the older Skyline Layton I was looking at has the walkway between the kitchen and bathroom so both living areas are accessible while the bathroom is in use.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Med. travel trailer with bed and "living area @ oppsite ends
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.