|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> They all think I'm CrAzY

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Smily

State of Confusion

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello all,

I Need your experienced Help. I live smack Dab in the middle of silicon Valley. I currently own a 1400 ft² mobile home lol big RV no wheels. California was fun 25 years ago but now it's wall-to-wall people very expensive I'm truly tired of most all of my income going to put a roof over my head I currently have a son in 6 grade and I'm trying to move out of California but it's very difficult because you can't time when you sell your house. So I'm thinking that I could get a class C and be able to wait out school time in the RV and not have to worry about where to live and then end of school drive off for a great cross country adventure. Then look for a new place to live. I have ideas I like Vermont, it's one place I lived. Enjoyed New England area for a few years. I don't plan on living in an RV forever, but I guess maybe the fever could take hold and things could change. I plan on keeping a few things, and would like to buy a property again. I just don't wanna be stuck in California with no family or resources and one hiccup and you're on the street. I have read the other posts about rent one to see if you like it, but I really feel I have no choice. I feel that it's the only way that I can get out of California. I won't have to worry about hotels, cooking food, finding apartment to see if I like where we end up. It seems to take the pressure off me I feel good about this idea, but other people think I'm nuts. Just looking for input good or bad and I just have a few questions right now Like what do you do for your firearms what he is do about medical insurance. I'm 50 worked as a mechanic, am cabinet maker, carpenter, work in property management facilities and maintenance. So I'm not helpless just trapped.

Thx if ya got this far

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lots of people get trapped in California. They get lured there by high wages and do not fully realize the cost of living is even higher. I have lived in Calif a couple of times but did not last.

Do whatever you have to do to get out. Living in a class C is a good short term solution. Put your stuff in storage and have at it.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just do it,or you never will. just pack up and head out. your putting way to much worry into it. the 6year old will fit in any where. have a great trip your future is just over the state line.

Smily

State of Confusion

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

just do it,or you never will. just pack up and head out. your putting way to much worry into it. the 6year old will fit in any where. have a great trip your future is just over the state line.

Ha Ha that makes me smile soo, I know I'm right lol I make and fix things I know wen I'm wrong. Just need my head, heart, and arse to fall in line.

Smily

State of Confusion

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 12:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

Lots of people get trapped in California. They get lured there by high wages and do not fully realize the cost of living is even higher. I have lived in Calif a couple of times but did not last.

Do whatever you have to do to get out. Living in a class C is a good short term solution. Put your stuff in storage and have at it.

Ya I have an unnatural attachment to a few silly things. Researching storage and freight costs might cure that.

Y'all are singing a song I like thanks so much so far

Lwiddis

Near Annett’s Mono Village, Bridgeport, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/20 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not clear to me that your 11-12 year old son is your top priority.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

TenOC

On the road -- Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/20 01:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

Put your stuff in storage and have at it.

Do not put your stuff in storage. The storage and moving cost will be more than it is worth. Sell or give away. You can always buy used stuff at an Estate or auction sale when you settle down.

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Smily

State of Confusion

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TenOC wrote:

ppine wrote:

Put your stuff in storage and have at it.

Do not put your stuff in storage. The storage and moving cost will be more than it is worth. Sell or give away. You can always buy used stuff at an Estate or auction sale when you settle down.

Lolol man that's wat I'm fighting with. I know you are TRULY RIGHT

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you really need a Class C? If you pull a toad it will be another engine/drivetrain to maintain.
If you don't have a toad you will need to pack up the C to go on a grocery run.

While waiting for school to end you will probably be stationary most of the time so you will need other transportation for work/shopping/etc..
Maybe a truck and travel trailer would be a better choice?

I think you're making a good move. Just don't go to a new state and support the same people that destroyed California.
Your son is young, he will adapt quickly and enjoy the traveling. But, I wouldn't wait too long.

Enjoy your adventure in whatever RV you chose.

Smily

State of Confusion

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Do you really need a Class C? If you pull a toad it will be another engine/drivetrain to maintain.
If you don't have a toad you will need to pack up the C to go on a grocery run.

While waiting for school to end you will probably be stationary most of the time so you will need other transportation for work/shopping/etc..
Maybe a truck and travel trailer would be a better choice?

I think you're making a good move. Just don't go to a new state and support the same people that destroyed California.
Your son is young, he will adapt quickly and enjoy the traveling. But, I wouldn't wait too long.

Enjoy your adventure in whatever RV you chose.

I currently have a v6 Toyota tundra pickup. Was looking at C's in the 40 to 50k range. Thinking keep the truck till time to leave then sell the truck, they are sought after and command high resale value here anyway. And I am close to literally everything, I walk 5 to 7 miles a day at work and dont even think about it. So walking or biking for food wont really be a big deal in this case.

Guessing TOAD is tow along vehicle.

Wrenching on things also is no big deal have experience and all the tools.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> They all think I'm CrAzY
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.