|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Seven Truck Camper Videos - Seattle RV Show 2020

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 05:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Atwood jack division got purchased by Lippert, who also owns Happijac. I know I saw some pictures of their “new” truck camper jacks that sort of looked like a blend of Happijac and Atwood, but I just looked at Lippert’s website and all they have is the same old jacks.

If mine ever fail, I’ll replace them with Rieco Titan.

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NRALIFR wrote:

If mine ever fail, I’ll replace them with Rieco Titan.

[emoticon][emoticon]

My 2010 Arctic Fox 811, which I bought new in November of 2009 has Rieco Titan. I have never had any problem with them

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2015 Nash 17k (bought pre-owned 5/23/18)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

My two show favorites were First In Show to the Adventurer 856 Mid Wet Bath and a close second to the NorthernLite 10-2

Which Adventurer is the 856,they don't show a 856 so I assume it is either the 89RB or the 86FB..Adventurer truck campers are underrated on the internet in my opinion..I have been in a 86RB and it was rock solid and easily compares to Lance in my opinion..

How did the AF 865 seem room wise,you had issues filming the 865 which you noted..

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/Reese solid bar extension/buddy heater/3 inverters/3/4" Horse mat cushion-Non slip/happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags /Yamaha Rhino/Winch/locker UTV/Zieman trailer

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Host had their Mammoth and Cascade on display. They have a new Yukon which is the same size as the Mammoth and Everest. Eagle Cap had their 1165 and 1200 at the show this year.

Another Super C was the Thor F550 based motorhome. It was smaller than the Dynamax with also a smaller price tag.

Torklift typically has two booths set up at the show. If you paid attention, there will be a new product they have not yet announced.

Another member of RV.net went Friday and we were there on Sunday. While at the show, we met some first time truck camper buyers - Hopefully I did not scare them away and they will visit this forum. We are beginning to look at manufactured homes and park models for future property.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GOOD GRAVY BATMAN!!!
Messed that one up.
These are the corrections.
ARCTIC FOX 865 Mid Bath was my winner.
Adventurer 910 Mid Bath was a comparison to the 865. The dinette/fridge slide opened wide and removed the separation and privacy between bedroom and dinette/kitchen areas.

I went through the posts and edited in the corrected information.
Sorry about that Chief...

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please note the corrections.

jaycocreek wrote:

Quote:

My two show favorites were First In Show to the ARCTIC FOX 865 Mid Wet Bath and a close second to the NorthernLite 10-2

Which Adventurer is the 856 ARCTIC FOX 865 Mid Wet Bath,they don't show a 856 SEE CORRECTION so I assume it is either the 89RB or the 86FB..Adventurer truck campers are underrated on the internet in my opinion..I have been in a 86RB and it was rock solid and easily compares to Lance in my opinion..

ARCTIC FOX 865 Mid Wet Bath I goofed, this is it. I did find video of it with the Eagle Cap Models.
How did the AF 865 seem room wise,you had issues filming the 865 which you noted..

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

We are beginning to look at manufactured homes and park models for future property.

That's an interesting development.

tmartin000

Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/20 07:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I BELIEVE the Yukon will be the one for us Bedlam.

Curious as to wether Host will offer cabinets over the side-slide (small couch dinette) their NEW floorpan doesn't show one.

And two, wether the aft slide will accommodate a drop down sleeper too?

* This post was edited 02/16/20 08:18pm by tmartin000 *

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/20 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Yukon uses the same rear slide as the Everest. Host will probably offer the same things in this slide. Remember that Host is very customization friendly, so there are more options than listed on the website and on printed material. Your contact at Host will be Randall and it would benefit you to go through a factory tour and discuss how you would like your camper configured.

BTW: The Yukon bathroom is smaller than the Mammoth. It is the size of the Cascade you may have seen at the show. There is a smaller sink top and less room around the toilet.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/20 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

.. We are beginning to look at manufactured homes and park models for future property.

Beware that manufactured homes bring lot of legal issues.
Lot of banks will not lend money on them, while lot of jurisdictions will plain not allow them.
My brother put top-end manufactured home on his property in WA over 20 years ago and when divorce forced him to refinance, he had hack of the time to find a bank who would talk to him.
Insurance is other issue, while low-slope roofs and lack of good insulation makes living uncomfortable.
He already had to replace lot of exterior house parts as composite boards and panels deteriorate regardless good paint over them.
If you have some knowledge, you can do owner-builder of stick house and live happy after.
Right to build your own house is in US constitution, although lot of Building Departments will try to tell you otherwise.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Seven Truck Camper Videos - Seattle RV Show 2020
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.