|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Seven Truck Camper Videos - Seattle RV Show 2020

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/20 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In our case, this home will not be financed but it could be issue at resale. We are looking at living options in 900-1200 sqft and it is harder to find builders willing to commit to something with that low of a margin due to size.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

tmartin000

Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/20 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If, you build it, you specify that it be built at FHA quality, you can get a regular mortgage. Last we checked it was about 15k more.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/20 01:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Of course you can always try to find something already built in a place you like and not have to deal with all the Bull Poop. Friend of mine just retired, sold his North Bend home he built 30 years ago and bought a place on the Columbia North of Daroga State Park. He's got room for his trailer and toys on the property.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/20 04:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can afford a purchase in phases without financing but cannot fund the entire purchase at once. I cannot save as fast as prices are going up, so delaying a partial purchase just makes it less affordable on a single income.

spacedoutbob

SF Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/20 07:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you very much for posting the camper videos. It's nice to see so many different campers. I was disappointed with the Pleasanton RV Show this year, as they only had a couple brands of campers. Great Job!

Spaced-Out Bob (Chan) in Oakland, Calif.

Good Sam Club Life Member

restlessways

Limbo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/20 01:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

I can afford a purchase in phases without financing but cannot fund the entire purchase at once. I cannot save as fast as prices are going up, so delaying a partial purchase just makes it less affordable on a single income.

My friend, that tells you all you need to know about the housing bubble. It is unsustainable. I saw this same thing last go 'round in WA. I sold my house and sat on the cash until the whole shebang collapsed, then turned around and bought 4 acres of property from the bank for 17 cents on the dollar, with some 2nd growth red cedar and fir to boot. The previous owner paid $135k and lost it. I gave them $24k cash. I had a well drilled, 4 bedroom septic installed, and 360 amp service put in. I set up an RV pad and built myself a small cabin as well. Then prices went stupid again and ..... I sold it off for a 300% profit after using it for more than 5 years. And I'll do it all over again when this one crumbles to the ground. Do yourself a favor and keep your powder dry.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/20 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My friend bought a land in Hawaii unseen, becouse she fund excelent deal on the internet. Since then volcano covered it with lava.
She would gladly sell it for 17 cents on a dollar.
But frankly, the situation when houses will sell in US below cost of build is not going to happen again. At least not in our life.

restlessways

Limbo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/20 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

My friend bought a land in Hawaii unseen, becouse she fund excelent deal on the internet. Since then volcano covered it with lava.
She would gladly sell it for 17 cents on a dollar.
But frankly, the situation when houses will sell in US below cost of build is not going to happen again. At least not in our life.

I'd love to make a large wager with you on this, held in an escrow account.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/20 11:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spacedoutbob wrote:

Thank you very much for posting the camper videos. It's nice to see so many different campers. I was disappointed with the Pleasanton RV Show this year, as they only had a couple brands of campers. Great Job!

Spaced-Out Bob (Chan) in Oakland, Calif.

Glad you enjoyed the videos. I have continued my research and spoken with others who are looking for new campers too. A couple of us have saddled up more firmly on the AF 865. A 10.5 version would be my choice and Bigfoot makes a mid bath 10.4 mid dry bath. I'd prefer a wet bath and another wardrobe cabinet space.
Take care.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/20 11:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

restlessways wrote:

Bedlam wrote:

My friend, that tells you all you need to know about the housing bubble. It is unsustainable. I saw this same thing last go 'round in WA. I sold my house and sat on the cash until the whole shebang collapsed, then turned around and bought 4 acres of property from the bank for 17 cents on the dollar, with some 2nd growth red cedar and fir to boot. The previous owner paid $135k and lost it. I gave them $24k cash. I had a well drilled, 4 bedroom septic installed, and 360 amp service put in. I set up an RV pad and built myself a small cabin as well. Then prices went stupid again and ..... I sold it off for a 300% profit after using it for more than 5 years. And I'll do it all over again when this one crumbles to the ground. Do yourself a favor and keep your powder dry.

I need to sell my home and move into my rental for 2 of 5 years to convert it back to a personal home to free up the money and move out of Seatroit. Good time to sell with retirement, increasing rental regulations, and travel on the horizon.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Seven Truck Camper Videos - Seattle RV Show 2020
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.