|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Fords new 7.3 Godzilla

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Long long ago, when I was thinking about buying a new truck, I could get graphs that would show HP/RPM, Torque/RPM and Gal of Fuel per hour/RPM.
Of course, I could buy the same truck with different size engine/different power ratings/different engine manufacturers, so not sure Ford would want to put out that info.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 11:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ What does you picking out a class 8 or other HD truck have to do with light duty trucks in a different century?
BTW, there’s literally dozens of dyno charts for virtually every mass produced engine available right on the googler. And all the rest of the specs.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/20 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it is interesting to hear that most of "comparison" in this thread to Diesels are in relationship to fuel mileage. To the best of my ability predicting the future.....I've owned my last Gasser and would never tow without a Diesel. For me it's all about how easy it tows and really nothing else. Tows easier, quieter, up hills, down hills and flat. IF I get slowed on a steep up hill grade due to some loser in the fast lane, I can gain speed rapidly up steep hills @ 2500 RPM. And, yes there is a lot under the hood of the new Diesels and it's gonna hurt when "fix it time" comes. But I will live with that in order to have the towing ease.........

V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/20 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just thinking of the thread title....
Godzilla?? Because it’s Godzilla sized? It’s not the power. Barely outruns it’s 20+ year old replacement.
Nice engine it appears, but entirely underwhelming for that much displacement. Should mean it’ll last a long time though. Which is good. No one buys them for their power!

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/20 01:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

^ What does you picking out a class 8 or other HD truck have to do with light duty trucks in a different century?
BTW, there’s literally dozens of dyno charts for virtually every mass produced engine available right on the googler. And all the rest of the specs.

Well maybe somebody that was shopping would benefit from the idea of comparing fuel consumption at RPM they will be using.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/20 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shopping for a semi truck? Lol

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Fords new 7.3 Godzilla
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.