|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> SF 42 furnace madness

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/20 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are missing where the wires we are talking about are located. There is NO switch at all. You should have a RED/YELLOW and those 2 blue wires that exit the furnace case and go to the interior of the RV. Switch the 2 blue wires where they are next to that Red/Yellow. Doug

Lt46

Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/20 02:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Doug. The furnace harness has the red, yellow, and 2 blue wires which terminate into a molded plug that connects to Winnebago's house wiring. The 2 blue wires I followed from there and they terminate into the mini on/off switch near the circuit board. I see no other blue wires. BTW, I never altered any Winnie wires nor the furnace wires. Molded connectors at each ends of the Winnie wires.

Peter & Dawn
97 Winnebago Adventurer 37RW
F53/460 w/ tag axle
96 Prowler 27X SOLD
IAFF L-792 (Ret.)

Lt46

Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/20 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doug, I remember reading a post of yours to another camper with a similiar problem (2010). You asked him if he had a Dometic AC and if so there would be a relay up there worth looking at. Does that also apply to Coleman 7333C886 units?

mchero

Henniker, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/20 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have a test light or volt meter?

Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 05:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lt46 wrote:

Thanks Doug. The furnace harness has the red, yellow, and 2 blue wires which terminate into a molded plug that connects to Winnebago's house wiring. The 2 blue wires I followed from there and they terminate into the mini on/off switch near the circuit board. I see no other blue wires. BTW, I never altered any Winnie wires nor the furnace wires. Molded connectors at each ends of the Winnie wires.

Is it possible you swapped the blue wires inside the furnace when you did all the work? The MAIN thing, you should have 12 volts positive on 1 of the blue wires exiting the furnace. Report back on this. Yes, most RVP and Dometic systems have a relay, but you state the wall tstat is dead. Which means you have no power to the tstat or upper control board. Doug

Lt46

Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mchero, yes, I have both.

Doug I will probe the furnace harness and check for power on the blue wires. I have already confirmed that I have 12v+ @ the furnace but never checked for 12v+ on the blue wire. Yes, you are correct I have no power from t-stat to rooftop coleman. Probing the Y, GH, GL and Ground on the AC unit shows nothing. FAN alone does not work either. I'll get to that later this morning and post my results. Thanks

Lt46

Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doug, Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for insisting I chase the 12v on the blue wire. I pulled the furnace once again and chased the blue wire. Low and behold I find a butt connector tucked in and under the circuit board. Of course it had separated and once redone SUCCESS!!!! Thanks again for your guidance. All systems are running perfectly.

mchero

Henniker, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/20 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good News! Great that we have Doug on this site!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> SF 42 furnace madness
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.