|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing with Disabilities and General Health Issues

> Possible Problems at US Border

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/20 06:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope that everyone is being careful with hygiene due to the Coronavirus. But there are other concerns. In the US and Canada people are hoarding food and supplies in case they become confined to their house. Although that seems extreme it really could happen. Even in Mexico those who can afford to buy more are emptying store shelves. I was in HMO yesterday and the big stores had pallets of bleach on display. Every other cart had Cloro. Hand sanitizer sells out as soon as a shipment arrives. I did not notice any specific shortage of food. I do know that many over the counter meds will be in short supply as most of the ingredients come from China. But the biggest problem COULD be returning to the USA. The outbreak is changing by the hour and as soon as more testing is done it will cause even more panic. President Trump was asked if he was going to close the Southern border and he gave a vague answer. Should that happen would they just close the gates or screen people? Who knows? But one should be prepared to spend more time in Mexico. For those in RV's that is no big deal. But imagine the Saskatchewan farmer who is on a 7 day junket to Maz. If the planes are not flying what does he do. Chaos would erupt. Perhaps none of the above will transpire but it is food for thought. No harm in being proactive.

Moisheh

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/20 06:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I personally think its being OVER BLOWN.. Yes, I believe there is an issue, but the way the media is talking about it, we are all gonna perish..

Was in Costco the other day and OMG... there were folks with carts FULL of toilet paper, paper towels, bleach, Lysol spray, ect.. not just a pack, a full carts...
I was watching the TV this weekend and they said something interesting...
IN OVER 80% of people who have it, the virus is mild.. It really is the people that have underlying health issues.. pretty much like EVERYTHING ELSE...

My gosh, when Ebola was new, that was gonna wipe out the face of the earth . . . .

Wipe your hands a lot and live..

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 07:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are calling it the Beer Flu, and at least here in Zihuatanejo, all is normal.

I wouldn't worry about border crossing at this time. Hopefully calmer minds will prevail.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 07:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the fear on the part of the Government is that the border crossings in or near medium to large cities COULD cause local hospitals to be overwhelmed with foreign nationals seeking better care in the US.
I doubt they would try to shut down all crossings.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 07:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess we all know about this hysteria and why it is here.
People left to their own devices normally don't do well. Think of all the hurricanes and how all the Home Depots are empty of plywood. It happens every year and they still have no water or food for an emergency and those are the ones that happen yearly.
Wash you hands often, carry disinfectant wet sheets in your car and use them! Stay away from public anything as much as possible. Use common sense.

* This post was edited 03/04/20 12:25pm by an administrator/moderator *

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 07:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

I guess we all know about this hysteria and why it is here.
People left to their own devices normally don't do well. Think of all the hurricanes and how all the Home Depots are empty of plywood. It happens every year and they still have no water or food for an emergency and those are the ones that happen yearly.
Wash you hands often, carry disinfectant wet sheets in your car and use them! Stay away from public anything as much as possible. Use common sense.

Actually it is caused by the over hype of the media. The virus itself is not as dangerous as the flu. it has a 98% survival rate, and so far in the US. The 9 deaths have all been in a Nursing home in Washington St. And were people that were already seriously ill. and we all know why the Media is pushing it so hard.

* This post was edited 03/04/20 12:26pm by an administrator/moderator *

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/20 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am sure pleased that the forum is full of infectious disease experts. But then forums usually have lots of know it alls. None of us know whether this will pass quickly or linger for months. The purpose of my post was not to get into a political discussion or to ask for whether you think it is good or bad. I was only commenting that the hysteria (deserved or not) could make life difficult for Americans or Canadians who are in Mexico and that they should be proactive. If you are not a foreign citizen that is travelling Mexico please go to some forum that discusses the merits of roof sealing tape. For those that think the disease is a media hoax please come back and comment in a month.

Moisheh

Ed_Gee

Central Oregon coast - Winter in AZ

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 08:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

I guess we all know about this hysteria and why it is here. It is the end result of poor government performance and the CDC that used to be in place to warn and protect us being unfunded.

One glaring comment above that is all over the media needs correction. The CDC is NOT under funded. Yes, President trump tried to cut the budget....but congress over-ruled that ....and actually increased CDC funding. President Trump did sign that budget agreement.

Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Lwiddis

Mojave, Kern County, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/20 08:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“The outbreak is changing by the hour and as soon as more testing is done it will cause even more panic.”

Do you have any facts? What testing? What panic? You’re panicking!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/20 08:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sr.moisheh do not worry to much with the corona virus, these blog epidemiologist experts do not understand that if alcohol kills germs and viruses on the outside then drink more coronas and drown the virus inside, next year the Russians are going to come out with the "TIARA" virus and we are going to have a shot of tequila with the corona, that way we kill the "corona and the tiara" viruses and enjoy the tequilitas and coronitas.
Pase un buen dia Sr. moisheh y acurdese de tomar las coronitas!

navegator LOL!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing with Disabilities and General Health Issues

> Possible Problems at US Border
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.