|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing with Disabilities and General Health Issues

> Snowbird parks and Coronavirus

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/20 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No, and I would only expect events be cancelled if the virus hits in our county in the Florida Keys.
We are a condominium campground and had a board/general meeting today and not a thing was brought up about it.

Guy

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/20 05:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CarnationSailor wrote:

Dick_B wrote:

While we are thinking numbers approximately 6000 people die EACH DAY in this country and nary a news story.

Die of what? Old age?
Old age isn't a statistical category, so when a centenarian passes on some disease or condition gets credit. Yet another reason why many statistics must be viewed with a healthy skepticism.

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/20 07:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If they aren't at a park event, their still on somebody's patio for Happy Hour.

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/20 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The news media has done a great job blowing this up.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/20 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quite a few are leaving the RGV earlier than planned. Warm weather in the Midwest is one reason. Wanting to be near family and family doctors is another. Nobody wants to be sick 2,000 miles from home. Ask the folks on the cruise ships.

doxiemom11

Yoakum Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/20 08:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And the - oh it's nothing attitude is exactly what will keep it spreading around. It may not affect many people any more than the flu would, but for those who do get the serious lung involvement, I bet they will wish they had stayed home. And who gets it most ? Seniors and people with other illnesses and compromised immunity systems. How many at the snowbird parks are either a senior - have another illness, and have compromised immunity systems? Most will meet 1 of those 3 criteria.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/20 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

Has your snowbird park considered cancelling group activities because of the coronavirus?

Two months ago, our dances were drawing 80-100 paying customers. Tonight, we had about half that for the same band and it was free.

JJnLilly

Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/20 07:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One more thing to worry about. Last night we had 200+ in our rec center to see a play put on by residents - packed hall and no one seemed overly concerned.

Take standard health precautions are always the best.

2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2014 Open Range 337RLS

joebedford

Sheltering at home

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/20 09:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The park did send out an information bulletin but no events cancelled yet. I'm avoiding Main Street during Bike Week because you're in very close contact with other filthy bikers. Washing my hands a lot whenever I go out.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/20 11:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doxiemom11 wrote:

And the - oh it's nothing attitude is exactly what will keep it spreading around. It may not affect many people any more than the flu would, but for those who do get the serious lung involvement, I bet they will wish they had stayed home. And who gets it most ? Seniors and people with other illnesses and compromised immunity systems. How many at the snowbird parks are either a senior - have another illness, and have compromised immunity systems? Most will meet 1 of those 3 criteria.
It's a virus. You can't build a fence or threaten it with a gun to keep it away. For the vast majority of people the symptoms are identical to a cold or the flu. People who have a cough or the sniffles are going to be out and about. That is just a fact. Unless you are willing to sequester yourself from all human contact until it either runs its course or a vaccine is perfected you will run the risk of becoming infected. That will likely not happen for a year or more. I don't have enough years left to toss one of them away living personally imposed isolation trying to avoid an illness that isn't that severe to the vast majority.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing with Disabilities and General Health Issues

> Snowbird parks and Coronavirus
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.