|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 07:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Durn y'all. Live your life. Are you going to stop living because you might be one of the .0000001 percent that gets the virus? Are you going to stop driving because you might be one of the 3 out of 4 people involved in a car accident? No you are not. Why panic over something that you have VERY LITTLE chance of getting.

And even if you do get it, Unless you are really old, and already have life threatening conditions. You will survive it.

So if you are going to surrender with such a low probability of getting sick. Go sit in your house. But you will starve to death. Because if you are afraid to go get food. you have to be scared to have someone bring it to you. After all. They are outside where the germs are. and the food they bring, has them as well. Get a life y'all.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 07:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud Dancer wrote:

The first step is to declare the state of emergency. Denial gets us further behind.
For example, one expensive mask, gloves, appropriate suit, etc is needed in order to get out and offer help. I know one person who has the equipment, but now he is afraid to get out,.....for fear of being robbed of his mask.
However, if most RVers decide to do what IMO we should do, IMO the RV industry will collapse.
The appropriate leadership first needs to come from the highest office.

And it is. but the media is fanning the panic flame.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 07:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fizz wrote:

Who's panicking here?
People are looking for guidance from friends and people they know, not some politicians concerned about the bottom line.

jdb7566 wrote:

Please, enough. The panic being perpetrated by many on this Forum and elsewhere, is becomming worse than the virus itself. Panic purchases, hoarding, create shortages. Case in point, you may be hard pressed to find hand sanitizer at your local Wal-Mart. Use of common sense seems to be lacking.

if you are planning on going home and holing up in a house. Afraid to go outside with out a mask, and hasmatt suit Yes that is panicking. live your life.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 07:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NRALIFR wrote:

I have a feeling that if we ever have a real pandemic, we’re going to get a idea of what Medicaid For All will be like.

That wasn’t a Freudian slip.

[emoticon][emoticon]

Yep, and it won't be good. Look at what the government did to gas cans. really want to trust them with much of anything else?

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 07:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To think this virus isn't going to visit us all is not a proper outlook. Also to think is will not kill is not thinking right either. I believe it will come and it will pass so I think preparing for a 14 day window is a good idea but to load up for much more is not realistic. As an older RVer in Florida Michigan is looking better by the day. We are not in a soup bowl at home and our daily options are far better. Florida is to heavily populated and that is what is my thinking now. We will hide and watch for another week or so.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 08:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

To think this virus isn't going to visit us all is not a proper outlook. Also to think is will not kill is not thinking right either. I believe it will come and it will pass so I think preparing for a 14 day window is a good idea but to load up for much more is not realistic. As an older RVer in Florida Michigan is looking better by the day. We are not in a soup bowl at home and our daily options are far better. Florida is to heavily populated and that is what is my thinking now. We will hide and watch for another week or so.

More chance of getting the Flue, and in truth. Over 80% of the people that get it. Recover with no medical treatment at all. You are in way more danger doing ANYTHING else than you are of getting the virus. I'm not sitting in my house with the doors locked, and a useless mask on waiting for something that only has a .0001 chance of giving me a low fever to come get me. Stop watching CNN.

mleekamp

Washington, IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Of course we can be concerned about Coronavirus. But, the CDC indicates between Oct and now, the regular flu has killed over 20,000 people. A touch more than the 20 or so in the US killed due to the Coronavirus as of today. Link to CDC below.

Agree we should always be prepared -- extra food / water / first aid / flashlights / other items not just for the flu but for any emergency. Tornados are more a threat to my home and family than a virus. 2013 F4 tornado Washington IL as my example (I live in Washington IL). And we have them here all the time.

My point is that I really believe the media is hyping this more than it should, and people in general are hyping it too much. Regular updates? Ok. But enough with the constant panic. This feels like SARs and all the other viruses of the last decade or more x10 from a panic/media standpoint.

Anyway, my 2 cents. Read the CDC info and get a better feel for where we are at.

CDC Flu info - 2020

2019 Jayco Redhawk 29XK Class C, Ford V10 E450 chassis
2000 Jeep Wrangler for a Dinghy w/ Invisibrake & Curt Tow Bar

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 08:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What I really wish is that I had somewhere to store 10,000 gallons of gas while it is so cheap.

Ductape

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don’t see anyone panicking in this thread. But I do see a lot of strident denial of reality. Seems like the blood pressure is highest in the ones claiming nothing is going to happen.

49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/20 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

124/79.

And that’s after bringing in the grocery shopping.

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.