|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Sagging headliner

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/20 10:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had an old s-10 pu that did similar. Need to remove the entire piece that it was adhered to. Then pull the fabric off the backing material. Remove any deteriorated material or foam between the fabric and backing material. Use spray-on contact adhesive and reapply the fabric to the backing. Very tedious and just one shot to make perfect. Although does not have to be perfect to look tons better and function perfectly. A bit of an art project.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll,

You are correct.

In my case with my motor home's interior, I would have needed to remove everything, furnishings and all because the material was throughout including the inside of the cabinetry. Then peel off the material, and then with a metal bristle brush, remove 100% of the foam, both crumbled and good, then attach brand new foam-backed head-liner material with a contact adhesive on both the foam and interior wall surfaces. It is the same process as restoring a headliner but on a much much bigger scale. Adding the complexity of so many different surfaces converging, there were finished seams to deal with. It would have been so much for anyone to deal with. That is one of a few reasons why we decided to sell the rig.

I also looked into a spray-on bed liner material, something much more durable but tan colored, not black. The cost of that option was tremendous.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Sagging headliner
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.