|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Diesel Brothers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

time2roll wrote:

I am far more concerned about Kim Jong Un rockets than Elon's.

Me too, just like I am far more concerned with the millions of tons of emissions Elons rockets and private jets than the grams of emissions diesel brother's trucks.

There would be no need for personal jets IF we could build proper high speed trains like China and Japan do
Our railways are a joke compared to this

https://youtu.be/uvfZFFXfoT8
Btw Jpan bulet trains have perfect safety record over 40 years running

Now even faster Maglev is coming
https://youtu.be/5CKwchJKTYU

Shinkansen food service
https://youtu.be/NkEx5L6DlOA

* This post was edited 03/24/20 08:24pm by free radical *

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So a private rail car saves how much?

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/20 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

User names and locations say alot about a person....just saying! lol

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/20 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HMMMMM, what powers these fancy trains?

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/20 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

SidecarFlip wrote:

Additionally, all my farm tractors are diesel as well and all are Tier2 (you know what that is?) If you don't' let me explain. They are all emissions exempt. Run fine but they do produce visible particulates (as all T2 engines do under load) so you can also buy me 3 new T4 compliant tractors to farm with along with a new T4 pickup truck and a comparable T 4 tractor to the ones I now own free and clear will set you back around an additional 250 grand plus the 80 or so for the pickup truck and I'll take them all to the shredder, no problem, you have the jack right?

Duh

Actually I do know a lot about diesel emissions. Not only have I worked for a diesel manufacturer for many years(Cummins), I have worked on the customer, dealer, and manufacturing side of various vehicles OE's from Ford to Peterbilt since I was 16 so well over two decades. I know full well what diesel emission regulations are, their actual impact, and how they came to be. I also have a farm/ranch with over 50 head of cattle and a JD 4430 with a cab.

However, we are not talking about non-road tier 2 equipment. I am talking about your 97 truck that you chipped for increase power output that increased the emissions even more. Now before you go an say this truck was exempt from federal emissions, let me remind you of the diesel emissions standards of 1990 and 1994 which applies to your truck.

You see, federal diesel emissions standards didn't just start after your truck was made, they started years before, but because they were considerably more strict after 2004 lowering limits below a gram, most people didn't know much about these years because stuff like EGR's and DPF's weren't required to meet these standards. For on road pickup diesel engines the major emission requirements for diesel engines are as follows- 1985, 1990, 1994, 1998, 2004, 2007, and 2011. Even though the EPA didn't start using the tier system until 1996, that does not mean prior years were exempt from emissions regulations.

So not only were you emitting more than me stock, but even more so now that you chipped your truck (and do not comply with your year's PM/NOx requirement), you have higher fuel consumption, and you use over three times the oil. Yet, you are chastising me for dirtying your air.

Blah, blah. Hey bub, I have the EPA certification number affixed to the rad cross member from Gale Banks pertaining to my truck and his aftermarket modifications. It don't use any oil and gets 21 empty. Want me to get it for ya, I can if you want it.

Candidly, I don't care what rabbit hole you stick your head in either.

Diesel Brothers were in violation and got caught, Plain and vrey simole.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Learjet

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/20 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Private jets...yeah no use for those...I'll take the train to CHINA...jeez...you guys are off the rails....pun intended. Please educate yourself before puking the talking points.

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2015 Wildcat 317RL, MoRryde rubber pin box, Titan Disc Brakes, Trojan T105
B&W Ram Companion

Yamaha EF2600c tri-fuel generator
Champion Model 46595- 3000/3500w

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/20 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

Blah, blah. Hey bub, I have the EPA certification number affixed to the rad cross member from Gale Banks pertaining to my truck and his aftermarket modifications. It don't use any oil and gets 21 empty. Want me to get it for ya, I can if you want it.

Candidly, I don't care what rabbit hole you stick your head in either.

Diesel Brothers were in violation and got caught, Plain and vrey simole.

Yeah, but that chip you used on your truck increased your stock power which also increased your emissions greater than stock which makes you no different than diesel brothers. In regards oil, I am not talking about oil that gets used up by your truck. I am talking about the fact that you use three times as I do because not only do you have to put 3 more quarts in than I do, you also have to change it every 5k miles versus 15k in mine. As far as fuel, apparently you have some super special 7.3L because my father who owns a 2003 7.3, my brother in law who owned a 2001 7.3L, and my a cousin who owned 1998 7.3L could not get anywhere near what I currently get at the end of every tank(not just a highway section). Especially with these Texas 75 mph speed limits. Heck, even fuel shows an average of 13.6 mpg for the 7.3L while mine averages around 17 mpg at the end of every tank with mixed driving.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/20 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Yeah, but that chip you used on your truck increased your stock power which also increased your emissions greater than stock which makes you no different than diesel brothers.
Banks certified emissions legal, diesel brothers is not certified.
Seems like a big difference to me.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Yeah, but that chip you used on your truck increased your stock power which also increased your emissions greater than stock which makes you no different than diesel brothers.
Banks certified emissions legal, diesel brothers is not certified.
Seems like a big difference to me.

Banks quick spool is a turbo modification so why would the EPA certification number be affixed to the "rad cross member"? There is also no EPA certification for this part on the Bank's website or the 5" straight exhaust. He has also mentioned here and other forums that his truck is programmed or has a piggyback chip. It is hard to tell which because he differs in his terminology depending on which forum he is on. Either one for these would definitely put him over stock power levels and is essentially the same thing that the diesel brothers are doing.

That is the drawback of using a unique name in every forum you belong to because people can look up your past posts with ease by Googling "sidecarflip tuner/chip/programmer". I can say that him and I would likely get along in the gun forums because it appears that we like the same type of guns.

The sticker he is likely referring to is the OE sticker put on at the factory which has nothing to do with aftermarket mods put on after it left the factory. The 5" straight exhaust he has might have eliminated the oxidation catalyst as well depending on which state the truck originated from.

* This post was edited 03/26/20 10:47am by ShinerBock *

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/20 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Banks quick spool is a turbo modification so why would the EPA certification number be affixed to the "rad cross member"? There is also no EPA certification for this part on the Bank's website or the 5" straight exhaust. He has also mentioned here and other forums that his truck is programmed or has a piggyback chip. It is hard to tell which because he differs in his terminology depending on which forum he is on. Either one for these would definitely put him over stock power levels and is essentially the same thing that the diesel brothers are doing.

The sticker he is likely referring to is the OE sticker put on at the factory which has nothing to do with aftermarket mods put on after it left the factory. The 5" straight exhaust he has might have eliminated the oxidation catalyst as well depending on which state the truck originated from.

You gotta remember, sidecar has some very "unique" vehicles, by his own emission....I mean admission, lol.
That 1 of a kind barn find 97 Powdersmoke is a secret FoMoCo Detroit skunkworks truck capable of more things than any other truck!
And the Denali is speshul too...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Diesel Brothers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.