|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Taaadaaa! Took the plunge. Airbags on the Class A

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
fred42

Charlotte, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/20 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RustyMacIntosh wrote:

...The install was not exactly as planned. Yes, there were pre-drilled holes on the frame. But not exactly matching up. Once the top bracket was mounted, and we squeezed the airbag down onto the bottom bracket mounted on the axle housing, it was all straight forward, no pun intended....

Rusty,

I do not have handling issues of any kind but the front leans an inch or two lower on the drivers side. No visible damage to the springs. I was considering a front only airbag install.

I see the kit:

1990-2007 Ford F53 Firestone "Ride-Rite" Air Bag, front Model: 2070

requires a 3/8 hole be drilled in the frame. The Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 88140/57140 appears not to need drilling as you said.

Other than that issue, did you or others intentionally avoid the Firestone product?

thanks,

* This post was edited 10/22/20 01:35pm by fred42 *

2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA

jeromep

Eastern Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/20 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fred42 wrote:

Rusty,

I do not have handling issues of any kind but the front leans an inch or two lower on the drivers side. No visible damage to the springs. I was considering a front only airbag install.

I see the kit:

1990-2007 Ford F53 Firestone "Ride-Rite" Air Bag, front Model: 2070

requires a 3/8 hole be drilled in the frame. The Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 88140/57140 appears not to need drilling as you said.

Other than that issue, did you or others intentionally avoid the Firestone product?

thanks,

Found this entire thread interesting. I purchased a 95 Bounder 34j which had the Ride-Rite air bags front and rear. Previous owner said to run them at 70 lbs. So far I've not had any issue with that recommendation. It's a pretty firm ride, but crosswinds are a bit easier to handle than I had expected with a firmer ride. Previous owner had purchased a '14 Bounder and had not yet done anything with the suspension and was already complaining to me about how much wallow the new motorhome had compared to the old one.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Taaadaaa! Took the plunge. Airbags on the Class A
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.