RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Is SHE GONNA BLOW!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Is SHE GONNA BLOW!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey back to the Ops question, if it drank a bunch of coolant there could be bottom end damage waiting due to mild hydrolock.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ya, OP you got a real lemon and 6 months in the shop over the last 4 years is a pile of ____ too.
But could happen to any of em, regardless of what the kids are arguing about the last 4 pages.
Buy the truck you want. Besides what are the chances you get 2 Ford lemons in a row? Lol.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 03:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chrysler products have always treated me well.

My 2012 3500 has had a few problems - fuel pump and power steering pump. But otherwise troublefree.

I am also in the camp that your current truck is a lemon. And I’d also say you need to put the dealer into the equation - a bad dealer/service center can make for a bad truck.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ram and Chevy are both good alternate choices.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP , wrong forum , the biased runs deep here, we got the Ford and Ram mafia going at each other on a regular basis . What makes you think another brand won’t be any different . You got bad one , it could happen again .

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 07:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to be extremely brand loyal; blind actually. I drank too much of the blue Kool Aid. [emoticon]

I left Ford because I was let down by them selling me a truck with such a terrible engine and horrible resale value. At the time I was looking for an upgrade, some of the Ford 6.7L issues were surfacing and I simply refused to go through it again.

I now have a Ram 3500, an Acura MDX, and a GMC Yukon and am very happy with them all, so to say I'm biased or brand loyal is incorrect.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

I used to be extremely brand loyal; blind actually. I drank too much of the blue Kool Aid. [emoticon]

I left Ford because I was let down by them selling me a truck with such a terrible engine and horrible resale value. At the time I was looking for an upgrade, some of the Ford 6.7L issues were surfacing and I simply refused to go through it again.

I now have a Ram 3500, an Acura MDX, and a GMC Yukon and am very happy with them all, so to say I'm biased or brand loyal is incorrect.
You are biased! Anti Ford![emoticon]

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2015 F350's Lariat has been flawless in and out of 4x4, you got a lemon. BTW I have been in Super Duty's since 1999 and the only one that had issues was an 06 King Ranch with the infamous 6.0.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

2001400ex

Veradale, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 04:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm more of a GM guy. Most of my friends are Ford guys. Other than my 06 6.0 Ford that was nothing but problems. And my buddies 01 7.3 Ford where he blew a tranny (his fault). My GMs and their Fords have been reliable. Problem is such a small sample. I think GM is over their little issues on the new 2020 (mine is a July build so every warranty issue that exists I've had, but I knew that going in). Ford just started production on 2020s so I personally would give them 6 months to iron out those kinks.

Other than that, they all the are as reliable as HD pickups can be nowdays. Maybe consider which brand of your local dealer has the best service department.

2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you're not comfortable with your current brand anymore, then choose a different brand. It really is that simple. The only person you have to answer to is yourself.

Somebody has a horror story for every brand. Somebody has a horror story for every dealer. A sample size of ONE is hardly scientific, but it's human nature to be "one and done" with anything.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Is SHE GONNA BLOW!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.