|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Corona Virus and RV Travel Video

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joeshmoe wrote:

Bedlam wrote:

I am going to my workplace about half the week and working from home the rest of the time. We are camping this weekend and finding plenty of others out and about but much less social interaction.

Enjoy it while you can. Yosemite, Kings and another are all shutdown. Expect state and local parks begin to shut as well. Police are beginning crackdown on gatherings in NJ and LA. I suspect domestic travel restrictions will be coming.

The reaction to this thing ain't gonna lighten up anytime soon. My guess is every state will be on total lockdown just like Italy, inside of 2 weeks. 3, tops.

People don't understand that govt. Lockdowns are incremental, systematic, like a flight of stairs. One step at a time. When the previous step failed to yeild results, on to the next.

This time 2 or 3 weeks from now, we will be shocked at how much different life is. Get you your houses in order while you can.

Stay safe.

+10 on that. All my TC'ing will be in my backyard this year but my backyard is 43 acres big.

Now, it we can just fine enough TP, I'll be tickled.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

All my TC'ing will be in my backyard this year but my backyard is 43 acres big.

Mine also, but my backyard is almost 4 million acres of Wilderness within 50 miles of home called the Selway-Bitteroot/Frank Church and Gospel Hump Wildernesses.

These certainly are uncertain times with those that say the sky is falling to those that say it is all hype..Somewhere in between we have a major happening effecting us all and it most likely will get worse before it gets better..

I feel fortunate to live in a small community right now without any chain stores and only two small locally owned grocery stores.

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 10:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is my front yard.
We enjoy hiking with dogs several times a week, now doing it every day, since we don't go out anywhere.
But it is getting crowded.
On 1 hr walk we can meet 2 more walking parties.
But they don't go into higher elevations, where we prefer.
Next week I will have to go and buy milk & veggies. Even almost all grocery places are open, I heard about long waiting lines. I wonder how do they observe 6 foot spacing?

[image]

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 11:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hm... It is Monday 10 AM in Las Vegas and all official data about virus spread are not updated since Friday....

DWeikert

York, PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 11:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

Hm... It is Monday 10 AM in Las Vegas and all official data about virus spread are not updated since Friday....

United States Coronavirus Cases

US Coronavirus Cases: 40,841

Active cases: 40,171
in Mild Condition: 39,131 (97%)
in Critical condition: 1,040 (3%)

Closed cases
Deaths: 483
Recovered: 187

(As of the time of this post)

Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

Eric&Lisa

Scappoose, OR

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 11:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DWeikert wrote:

Kayteg1 wrote:

Closed cases

Interesting how that is different from what the CDC is reporting at link.

At the time of this posting:

Total cases 33,404
Deaths 400

Not trying to minimize or maximize the issue. Just pointing out that different sources are presenting different data.

-Eric

Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 11:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

This is my front yard.
We enjoy hiking with dogs several times a week, now doing it every day, since we don't go out anywhere.
But it is getting crowded.
On 1 hr walk we can meet 2 more walking parties.
But they don't go into higher elevations, where we prefer.
Next week I will have to go and buy milk & veggies. Even almost all grocery places are open, I heard about long waiting lines. I wonder how do they observe 6 foot spacing?

[image]

If you are close enough to smell their farts, you are too close...social distancing...

Eric&Lisa

Scappoose, OR

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 12:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will wager the damage being caused to the mental health of our nation will outweigh the damage caused by the virus. TURN OFF the 24x7 COVID-TV channel!

- You know what you need to do to help prevent the spread.
- You know the TP shortage is manufactured hype, we aren't really out of TP.
- Take this time to get some stuff done. I waxed my truck & camper this past weekend.
- Be smart. A two hour wait for bread is too long - it means you are shopping at the wrong time/location.
- Be part of the solution, and don't be a victim.

Watching COVID-TV 24x7 isn't going to change your personal situation at all.

Yes, this is disruptive. Yes, every one of us has had some sort of change or problem because of this. Humanity in general and our nation in particular has survived far worse. Compared to what my grandparents went through, this is a day at Disneyland.

Our economy was fundamentally sound going in to this. We weren't waiting for the 'bubble to burst'. The whole financial world is on sale right now, and the smart money will snatch it up.

Take food and restaurants for example. One week ago, a certain percentage of our food supply was in warehouses ready to meet demand at restaurants. That had to be shifted over to going to service demand at grocery stores. Of course they will be out of a few things during the transition!! Watch when the 'no dining out' orders are lifted - restaurants will be in short supply of food as the demand shifts again. They will have a week of Friday nights as everyone goes out to eat, and will recovery very quickly.

It is not TEOTWAWKI. Seriously, turn off the dang 24x7 COVID-TV. It is not helping you.

This too shall pass.
-Eric

Reality Check

North Bend

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 12:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eric&Lisa wrote:

I will wager the damage being caused to the mental health of our nation will outweigh the damage caused by the virus. TURN OFF the 24x7 COVID-TV channel!

- You know what you need to do to help prevent the spread.
- You know the TP shortage is manufactured hype, we aren't really out of TP.
- Take this time to get some stuff done. I waxed my truck & camper this past weekend.
- Be smart. A two hour wait for bread is too long - it means you are shopping at the wrong time/location.
- Be part of the solution, and don't be a victim.

Watching COVID-TV 24x7 isn't going to change your personal situation at all.

Yes, this is disruptive. Yes, every one of us has had some sort of change or problem because of this. Humanity in general and our nation in particular has survived far worse. Compared to what my grandparents went through, this is a day at Disneyland.

Our economy was fundamentally sound going in to this. We weren't waiting for the 'bubble to burst'. The whole financial world is on sale right now, and the smart money will snatch it up.

Take food and restaurants for example. One week ago, a certain percentage of our food supply was in warehouses ready to meet demand at restaurants. That had to be shifted over to going to service demand at grocery stores. Of course they will be out of a few things during the transition!! Watch when the 'no dining out' orders are lifted - restaurants will be in short supply of food as the demand shifts again. They will have a week of Friday nights as everyone goes out to eat, and will recovery very quickly.

It is not TEOTWAWKI. Seriously, turn off the dang 24x7 COVID-TV. It is not helping you.

This too shall pass.
-Eric

I agree with a lot of what you wrote, especially about the damage that we are creating. However, I don't agree that we will 'recovery very quickly'. Fantastic article three days ago... it's been a great teaching piece especially for the younger ones who through no fault of their own, can't quite grasp the road we're on.

The Atlantic, This Is Not a Recession. It’s an Ice Age.

No, I don't think it's going to be quick. Last week, guru's were warning of 20% unemployment. Now, we're hearing 30%. It's a big deal. Personally, I find our value system a bit over the edge for the possible return, but make no mistake, as a nation, world, we're choosing a path. I pray I'm wrong.

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '11 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

DWeikert

York, PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 12:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eric&Lisa wrote:

DWeikert wrote:

Kayteg1 wrote:

Closed cases

Interesting how that is different from what the CDC is reporting at link.

At the time of this posting:

Total cases 33,404
Deaths 400

Not trying to minimize or maximize the issue. Just pointing out that different sources are presenting different data.

-Eric

Didn't think you were minimizing and the contradictory data is a real problem.

On the site I linked there's a table of individual states with a link to the source of that data. Most are individual state sites. If you note, at the bottom of the CDC page it says-
CDC wrote:

In the event of a discrepancy between CDC cases and cases reported by state and local public health officials, data reported by states should be considered the most up to date.

That would explain it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Corona Virus and RV Travel Video
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.