|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> You can buy S637 tires here, but install: HAHAHAHA

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
joebedford

on vacation from rv.net

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walmart mistake.

Boulevard Tire helping me out. I don't mind paying premium price because I have to get home fast.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What are you trying to say???

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Lwiddis

Mojave, Kern County, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How fast?

If you purchased tires on rims, with a home built ram (mine’s wood - 2x6s) it’s easy and...fast.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Allworth

Orlando, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Joe,

Whatever you are drinking; don't drive in that condition!

Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
2008 Titanium 30E35SA; EZ-Lube axles; wet bolts; spring hanger gussetts; BFG Commercial TAs
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sailun trailer tires.

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

What are you trying to say???

Just guessing but maybe he is at a Walmart with his rv trying to buy tires and WM will not mount them. My cousin is a service mgr. at WM near Dallas and the policy is no mounting on trailers/RV's . Cousin says just bring in old wheels and they won't ask a thing.

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Allworth wrote:

Joe,

Whatever you are drinking; don't drive in that condition!

[emoticon]

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Jackathan

Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's simple guys, I just bought a 2020 fifth wheel. First thing I did was look at the tires, in light of the many tire and bearing failures my family has had in the last ten years of camping, even with a brand new camper. The instant I looked at the tires, I knew immediately that I would not trust those tires for anything but local trips. The tires on our new 2020 Coachman 360IBL are Ridgway Sport St tires, 235/85R16 load range F. 7K Dexter Axles. GCWR 14,000lbs. Load Range F tires at 95PSI are good for 3,960lbs per tire. Plenty for this fifth wheel. Yet, I knew they would not survive, just by appearance.

I quickly ordered the Sailun S637 tires. The tires arrived. These highly recommended Sailun S637 tires are incredibly stout. The Ridgways are, in comparison, extremely flimsy, as expected.

Anyhow, in relation to this post, I have been bringing the wheels in one at a time to Discount Tire, to remove the ridgways and install the S637. When I brought the third one in, the young man at the counter asked me: "are these the big tires?". I said, well they are 235/85/R16. He the said Oh Yeah, you brought a couple in already. Those were um, interesting to mount.

I asked him what they aired them up to. I had requested 95PSI. He said their inflators only go to 90PSI with accuracy. I had to inflate them at home to where I wanted them.

So, lesson learned, standard automotive tire shops may have problems with the Sailun S637 load range G tires with max pressure of 110PSi.

I have never felt so confident in a trailer tire. Now I need to get USA Timkin bearings in the hubs, and do it myself, to feel confident. I have had failed bearings 3 times, resulting in RV damage. Twice on a 1 year old trailer. Once, on an older trailer. Yes, I was using an infrared temp gun on each hub and tire at every gas stop. On the last fifth wheel, I had invested in a TST pressure monitor. Never alarmed for temperature or pressure, as the bearing failed, and the tire and rim left us with a very loud and alarming "Bang" on I90 middle of nowhere, SD.

On our new 5th wheel, I have had the new Sailun tires balanced, and purchased Centramatic Balancing Rings for it. With my luck, I need all the help I can get.

On the positive side, the kids and I have gotten extremely efficient at changing tires on the side of interstates. We are like an Indy pit crew.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too funny. From a cryptic note to a novel!

So curious why the Chinese tires and US bearings? Money doesn’t seem to be a factor.

I’m asking the OP.

* This post was edited 03/17/20 09:15pm by Cummins12V98 *

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 10:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jackathan wrote:

It's simple guys, I just bought a 2020 fifth wheel. First thing I did was look at the tires, in light of the many tire and bearing failures my family has had in the last ten years of camping, even with a brand new camper. The instant I looked at the tires, I knew immediately that I would not trust those tires for anything but local trips. The tires on our new 2020 Coachman 360IBL are Ridgway Sport St tires, 235/85R16 load range F. 7K Dexter Axles. GCWR 14,000lbs. Load Range F tires at 95PSI are good for 3,960lbs per tire. Plenty for this fifth wheel. Yet, I knew they would not survive, just by appearance.

I quickly ordered the Sailun S637 tires. The tires arrived. These highly recommended Sailun S637 tires are incredibly stout. The Ridgways are, in comparison, extremely flimsy, as expected.

Anyhow, in relation to this post, I have been bringing the wheels in one at a time to Discount Tire, to remove the ridgways and install the S637. When I brought the third one in, the young man at the counter asked me: "are these the big tires?". I said, well they are 235/85/R16. He the said Oh Yeah, you brought a couple in already. Those were um, interesting to mount.

I asked him what they aired them up to. I had requested 95PSI. He said their inflators only go to 90PSI with accuracy. I had to inflate them at home to where I wanted them.

So, lesson learned, standard automotive tire shops may have problems with the Sailun S637 load range G tires with max pressure of 110PSi.

I have never felt so confident in a trailer tire. Now I need to get USA Timkin bearings in the hubs, and do it myself, to feel confident. I have had failed bearings 3 times, resulting in RV damage. Twice on a 1 year old trailer. Once, on an older trailer. Yes, I was using an infrared temp gun on each hub and tire at every gas stop. On the last fifth wheel, I had invested in a TST pressure monitor. Never alarmed for temperature or pressure, as the bearing failed, and the tire and rim left us with a very loud and alarming "Bang" on I90 middle of nowhere, SD.

On our new 5th wheel, I have had the new Sailun tires balanced, and purchased Centramatic Balancing Rings for it. With my luck, I need all the help I can get.

On the positive side, the kids and I have gotten extremely efficient at changing tires on the side of interstates. We are like an Indy pit crew.

That was a lot of wasted effort, discount will mount and balance trailer tires. They have done three trailers for me two horse trailers and our 5er.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> You can buy S637 tires here, but install: HAHAHAHA
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.