RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Is it time to trip

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Is it time to trip

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

Senior Member

Joined: 02/07/2008

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 03/19/20 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those who promote no traveling haven't spent a summer in the Valley of the Sun...[emoticon].....Dennis


A Simple Act of Caring Creates an Endless Ripple
Dennis and Debi Eleven Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG



clayway

Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 04/17/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/19/20 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been out for 3 weeks & glad I am. Gas stations & supermarket are open. Private campgrounds are open & happy to have us. We are adhering to all recommendations & I will tell you my MH has been completely sanitized I feel safe & secure

Tom/Barb

Oak Harbor, Wa

Senior Member

Joined: 10/16/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/19/20 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

Tom/Barb wrote:

Is it this the time to trip low traffic, low fuel costs, no virus. [emoticon]


It would not be recommended to travel among others if from a state with high coronavirus contamination such as WA, CA, NY, et. al. areas; regardless the low prices to travel. We already have a patient in out area that travel from WA where they contacted the virus. The purpose of limiting travel, gatherings and social distancing is to stop the spread of the virus until there is someway to medically treat it.

Our area is closed to all outsiders except property owners and necessary employees and insiders are limited in travel also.

Those who would risk spreading a serious and deadly virus among the population for the love of pleasure and travel need to rethink their priorities.


WHEN we don't already have it how would we catch it while are traveling in the coach. truck stop re-fuel is a very limited exposure


2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

MountainAir05

New Mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/19/20 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Although limited, it just takes one. Our town so far is OK. But the state has many. Most of them as they stated were moving around getting food and stuff. Its your call, but check the states you are going to visit and see what there rules are. They seem to be changing every day.

rk911

Wheaton IL

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/19/20 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Executive wrote:

Those who promote no traveling haven't spent a summer in the Valley of the Sun...[emoticon].....Dennis


that's one of the factors we're considering in our thoughts about heading back home early.


Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
_________________________________
2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
'46 Willys CJ2A
'03 Jeep Wrangler TJ
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Tom/Barb

Oak Harbor, Wa

Senior Member

Joined: 10/16/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/19/20 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MountainAir05 wrote:

Although limited, it just takes one. Our town so far is OK. But the state has many. Most of them as they stated were moving around getting food and stuff. Its your call, but check the states you are going to visit and see what there rules are. They seem to be changing every day.


So! how do you know we don't have it already? it has a 2 week incubator period.

Expyinflight

Mesa, Arizona

Senior Member

Joined: 06/06/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/19/20 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Executive wrote:

Those who promote no traveling haven't spent a summer in the Valley of the Sun...[emoticon].....Dennis


Having lived here since 1984, I have spent plenty of summers in the Valley of the Sun. It's home for us. We love it. Although, we are looking forward to the snowbirds leaving once again. [emoticon]
We usually do take a trip for a few weeks here and there, but have cancelled our travel plans for this summer. Considering the Corona virus, and my 85/86 year old parents....we will most likely stay pretty close to home.


2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

DallasSteve

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 05/28/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/19/20 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

I would not plan on any government operated park to remain open; local, state, federal, or COE. Just got an email that my reservation at a COE has been canceled as they are closed until further notice.

Do you mind telling us what COE campground cancelled? I'm at a COE in Arkansas for one night: Pendleton Bend. They weren't sure how long they would be open, but they wouldn't sell me a senior pass because of the new rules. I can't catch a break. I was a year late for the $10 pass and now they won't let me have my discount at all. Typical.





MountainAir05

New Mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/19/20 04:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom/Barb wrote:

MountainAir05 wrote:

Although limited, it just takes one. Our town so far is OK. But the state has many. Most of them as they stated were moving around getting food and stuff. Its your call, but check the states you are going to visit and see what there rules are. They seem to be changing every day.


So! how do you know we don't have it already? it has a 2 week incubator period.


Add plus to the 2 weeks. Some get it fast others longer than 2. Again its your call. For our state all malls are closed, but food is open for a certain time per your age and address. UPdate for the total was 1500 more than yesterday. A lot of younger 20 years old seem to be getting it. As stated check your states you plan to visit. Things seem to be changing every day.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/19/20 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

Tom/Barb wrote:

Is it this the time to trip low traffic, low fuel costs, no virus. [emoticon]


It would not be recommended to travel among others if from a state with high coronavirus contamination such as WA, CA, NY, et. al. areas; regardless the low prices to travel. We already have a patient in out area that travel from WA where they contacted the virus. The purpose of limiting travel, gatherings and social distancing is to stop the spread of the virus until there is someway to medically treat it.

Our area is closed to all outsiders except property owners and necessary employees and insiders are limited in travel also.

Those who would risk spreading a serious and deadly virus among the population for the love of pleasure and travel need to rethink their priorities.


As long as you observe social separation then it does not matter where you come from. If you pull into a campground and expect a hug or a handshake you will likely be very disappointed! If you make reservations at a campground and you are socially responsible you will be able to stay clear of others and you will be in the BEST possible location to avoid cross-contamination. Open air spaces are the 2nd best place to be, 2nd only to complete isolation. Keep your distance, light a fire and enjoy life the way it was meant to be enjoyed!
Camp on!


What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Is it time to trip
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.