|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Is it time to trip

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/20 02:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

...They are now talking about closing our State border because of these selfish idiots.

who is ''they" and can you please provide a link to the source of that statement?

The Governor and I assume you have an internet connection to satisfy your own curiosity.
I should have added that if THEY do close the border it would not be the first time. Occasionally we do get hurricanes down here and they have closed the border before for all but essential traffic. If you got caught out of State during those times, you could not go home. It can happen altho the Gov is not willing to go that far yet. A lot depends on how this is spreading.

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/20 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magicbus wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

... This is just what we need, people traveling from infected areas and coming down to my State to bring their infection with them... They are now talking about closing our State border because of these selfish idiots.
Apparently as a Floridian you have no cause for alarm.

Where we are staying the manager is stuck in Canada so her friend came to "watch the resort". Everyone has left or cancelled except for two couples. We were content to have no new arrivals and we are basically self-quarantined. Now the new arrival wanted to bring her son and we said no, then this morning her daughter-in-law dropped off a baby, then the other grandmother stopped by to see the baby, and later the daughter-in-law is coming to pick up the baby. When we confronted her she said she does this every day and we aren't stopping her "and it doesn't matter anyway because Floridians can't catch the virus".

As someone posted earlier, you can't fix stupid even with duct tape.

We reached out to the manager and she says her friend will not be bringing anyone on the property. If she continues we're all leaving.

Dave

if you don't have contact with them or frequent the same spaces you should be safe. might be more dangerous to leave.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/20 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

rk911 wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

...They are now talking about closing our State border because of these selfish idiots.

who is ''they" and can you please provide a link to the source of that statement?

The Governor and I assume you have an internet connection to satisfy your own curiosity.
I should have added that if THEY do close the border it would not be the first time. Occasionally we do get hurricanes down here and they have closed the border before for all but essential traffic. If you got caught out of State during those times, you could not go home. It can happen altho the Gov is not willing to go that far yet. A lot depends on how this is spreading.

you're the one making the claim so it's on you to back it up.

but...https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Law-en........border-shutdown-are-false-568983291.html

also did a search for any instance of florida closing their border for any reason...no hits. so, back to you to back up your statements. otherwise please try and calm down.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

if you don't have contact with them or frequent the same spaces you should be safe. might be more dangerous to leave.
Like most everyone else we plan to ride this out at home. While traveling we will only have public contact for fueling and walking the dogs, the rest of the time we’ll be in the coach. There are a number of storms coming through at the moment so we’re hoping to avoid them. And since we have to quarantine when we get home we are enjoying the last of warm sunny weather and an empty beach while we can.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 03:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I heard the FL gov issued orders requiring people flying in from NY & NJ must go into a 14 day quarantine.

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

steveh27 wrote:

I heard the FL gov issued orders requiring people flying in from NY & NJ must go into a 14 day quarantine.
You can hear anything hanging around the outhouse. You cannot do that unless someone declares Martial Law.

Wildmanbaker

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildmanbaker wrote:

steveh27 wrote:

You can hear anything hanging around the outhouse. You cannot do that unless someone declares Martial Law.

And yet they are doing it, along with criminal penalties for those that don't comply. Don't like our rules....stay home and infect your own neighbors. 14 day isolation

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

wildmanbaker wrote:

steveh27 wrote:

And yet they are doing it, along with criminal penalties for those that don't comply. Don't like our rules....stay home and infect your own neighbors. 14 day isolation

Just read from the CDC update they found active virus on a ship that had been empty for 17 days. I think we are learning .

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 02:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Off Line, getting ready for the end. Come get some!

clayway

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I posted earlier, I was tired of home quarantine, I did 14 days as I recently flew
I left in the MH this morning drove nearly 8 hours, slow backroads from FL to NC, bought gas twice used clean gloves a credit card & tonight I am boon docked in rural NC. I have not seen or talked to another individual, I am going to continue with no particular destination in mind.
My objective, enjoy the open road & avoid all contact with people,

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Is it time to trip
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.