|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gas prices

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ramyankee

North Idaho/Kootenai Country

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 11:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Again today Costco lowered their price to $2.09.9...

Rick and Patti ">
2 Proud CONSERVATIVES ">
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

pigman1

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 07:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some tax is assessed as a cost per gallon, but some tax is assessed as percentage of the sales price. That's the one the states and local authorities will be screaming about. Also, when only half(?) the people are going to work, school, vacation, whatever, total gallons sold are going way down, along with per gallon revenue. A perfect storm.

Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

aftermath

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 08:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good point. Less people out, less gas sold. That makes sense. In our state we do not have a sales tax on gas. We have plenty of taxes added, something like the third highest in the nation but I am almost positive there is no sales tax on gas, or diesel sold at the pumps.

I was confused by your insinuation that when prices go down, the states will be hurt. When sales go down, for whatever reason, they will indeed feel the pinch.

2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 08:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Delete

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Washington's gas tax is 49.5 cents per gallon, the third-highest in the nation. Added to the federal tax of 18.4 cents per gallon, Washington motorists are paying nearly 68 cents for each gallon they pump into their vehicles. The federal gas tax has been unchanged since 1993.

Federal tax for "EVIL DIESEL" is 24.4 cents per gallon.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 11:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Starting the stampede.
Gas price .99

Not sure thats the smartest thing to post, when we are encouraged to stay put, and not travel if possible .

So if you can get in your vehicle, drive to the gas station & pay-at-the-pump how is that putting yourself or anyone else in danger?

Did you even stop ,and think before you replied . Please come back ,and let me know when you have . If I don't hear back , then I assume you can't figure it out, and good luck to you . Thanks

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 03:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Did you even stop ,and think before you replied . Please come back ,and let me know when you have . If I don't hear back , then I assume you can't figure it out, and good luck to you . Thanks

unnecessarily snarky response, and travel is required for food/medical attention, etc. so please explain to me the problem with fueling up at a self service pump? guess NJ requires an attendant, perhaps other areas?
bumpy

OkieGene

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 03:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Costco Oklahoma City is now at $1.11 for E10 and $1.58 for Premium

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 03:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

aftermath wrote:

Good point. Less people out, less gas sold. That makes sense. In our state we do not have a sales tax on gas. We have plenty of taxes added, something like the third highest in the nation but I am almost positive there is no sales tax on gas, or diesel sold at the pumps.

I was confused by your insinuation that when prices go down, the states will be hurt. When sales go down, for whatever reason, they will indeed feel the pinch.

washington has higher taxes on fuel than most states.
Gas prices are down mostly because OPEC is messing with the price on purpose. Demand will be falling soon.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 04:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

unnecessarily snarky response, and travel is required for food/medical attention, etc. so please explain to me the problem with fueling up at a self service pump? guess NJ requires an attendant, perhaps other areas?
bumpy

Snarky, yes . Unnecessary, no ! Read his reply again, "how is that putting yourself or anyone else in danger" Should that really have to be explained [emoticon] Of course we have to get fuel for "essential travel " . I really wanted to add another snarky response to your post, but let me explain where the problem is with you ,and him . I don't assume anything when it comes to this. So what I am thinking when he responded to my post, was this, he just lifted a pump handle , typed in a zip code, and filled up. I don't assume he's washed his hands ,or put on rubber gloves to protect himself, or the person before him or before or before or before. Get the point .

There is a lot of people doing STUPID things right now, be smart at the pump is what I am getting at. Last time you filled up ,be honest what did you do . I"ll be honest with you, I took every precaution I could.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gas prices
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.