|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gas prices

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

had you been taking every precaution prior to this virus? i gotta tell ya...been buying gas since 1966 and can’t recall ever seeing anyone...’civilian or employee...use gloves at the gas pumps. lots of germs out there.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put on a body condom when I go out.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 06:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

had you been taking every precaution prior to this virus? i gotta tell ya...been buying gas since 1966 and can’t recall ever seeing anyone...’civilian or employee...use gloves at the gas pumps. lots of germs out there.

Got you beat , since 1962 , never gave a thought until now . I have a friend he uses glove only because he doesn't want diesel on his hands. Not sure what you are asking ,what don't worry about the fuel handle or key pad, not sure that would be a wise choice.

PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 08:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wylie Texas (northeast Dallas suburb), Saturday 3/21, 7 pm

Kroger on 544 @ high school
Unleaded - $1.639
Diesel - $2.179

With 10 cents discount for groceries, $1.539, 28.802 gallons for the Ram2500 Hemi, $44.33

I've paid $129 and change for 29 gallons back in August 2014. Which was very sad, because my first car cost me $125.

Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

hondapro

Central Pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/20 05:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gas prices near me today are 2.35 unleaded Diesel is 2.90.
Pennsylvania has the highest gas tax and the worst roads in the country, figure that one out.

Steve
2016 F-350 6.7 Diesel
2015 Springdale 311RE

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 09:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last time I fueled I had CC in left hand inserted used right to give info on push buttons. Pulled CC with clean left and and placed in my pocket. Removed nozzle and proceeded to fill. OH I had left my door open so I reach in without touching anything and pump Purell into my hands and vigorously rub. I set in the truck and wait for nozzle to click. I get out with door left open and finish topping off with right hand and re insert nozzle. I then push button for receipt with "contaminated right hand that I have been using since exiting truck. Receipt appears I grab with left hand and place it in the console then my right hand pumps Purell and scrub away. I am now clean and get back into truck and drive away.

I don't use gloves as they will be contaminated and then what do you do with them. Bottom line "THINK" about every thing you touch!!!

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We always use the same leather gloves when fueling the diesel pusher. Mostly because the smell of diesel on our hands but now for Covid19 as well. It’s the paying where there is more interaction. Sanitizer and washing hands once we are back in the rig.

The cars are different. No precautions at all. Grab the handle and stick it in. Of course both are electric and we are charging at home with our chargers that only we use so.... [emoticon].

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/20 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Last time I fueled I had CC in left hand inserted used right to give info on push buttons. Pulled CC with clean left and and placed in my pocket. Removed nozzle and proceeded to fill. OH I had left my door open so I reach in without touching anything and pump Purell into my hands and vigorously rub. I set in the truck and wait for nozzle to click. I get out with door left open and finish topping off with right hand and re insert nozzle. I then push button for receipt with "contaminated right hand that I have been using since exiting truck. Receipt appears I grab with left hand and place it in the console then my right hand pumps Purell and scrub away. I am now clean and get back into truck and drive away.

I don't use gloves as they will be contaminated and then what do you do with them. Bottom line "THINK" about every thing you touch!!!

Nice, basically doing the same . Hopefully some on here will get the message . I also agree on the gloves, I too thought about that. I haven't used any gloves.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 10:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Nice, basically doing the same . Hopefully some on here will get the message . I also agree on the gloves, I too thought about that. I haven't used any gloves.

YES, we need to realize that all these people wearing gloves like Costco taking your receipt in hand then handing it back to you just gave you plenty of GERMS!!!

People THINK!!!!!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 11:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I put on a body condom when I go out.

Bout right with some of the reactions...
Hygiene precautions are real, but you have to remember, we deal with all walks of life and intelligence levels in the real world and on this forum, to an extent.
Broad scope changes have to be understood by even the lowest common denominator in society. Think about it.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gas prices
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.