RV.Net Open Roads Forum: The danger of self-isolating from COVID-19 on public lands

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> The danger of self-isolating from COVID-19 on public lands

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 03:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One would think that they have never heard of powdered milk. Frozen bread or homemade bread. When your can is on the line like now some will live while others will die because of the decisions they make.

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 04:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Naio wrote:

noteven wrote:

Wouldn’t the idea be to take a setup in which you are self contained and not running in and out of places like you are on vacation?

What are you going to eat? What if you both get too sick to drive?

I eat in my rigs galley. I would remote camp where mobile has a signal and not move unnecessarily. If I got sick with what looked like C19 I would call 911 and explain my symptoms so responders are prepared. I would use google maps or what3words app to direct help to me with 3 meter accuracy.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/20 04:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Politicians. Now that's a stupidity that can't be fixed. How about they just leave us alone to live our lives as we see fit. I can decide for myself better they can. Say, how about prosecuting those Senators that sold all those stocks right before the market tanked. You know, right after they had their Senators meeting in DC.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 05:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why does everyone think that 100% of the people will get deathly ill from Corona virus? Fact is to may have or had it and not even know about it. That is how little it will affect most people! Yes you need to be aware of things, but at the same time why act like he world is going to end!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/20 06:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The travel and tourism industry is being turned on its head. Impacts are deepest where people are in close proximity, such as air and cruise where 'social distancing' is impossible.

As reality sets in with the new normal, RVing and camping with your select cohabitants will be the choice of travel and escape from 'cabin fever' .

Stay home orders. My RV is also my home. Wherever it goes we can practice distancing and sanitation just the same as in the S&B

I do not get the rash of camp closures, I do get closure of public gathering places, activity, washrooms in those camps. RVing and camping may return to its roots of family time, smores, hiking and biking and outdoor activity with your loved ones instead of the face to face social interaction our society has changed into. Personal value is not measured in how your friends like you, but in how your family loves you.

Private camp industry professionals are reserved but optimistic that the industry will weather this crisis well, sectors ( camps) whose guests are drawn by the in camp activity, or to crowded attractions in the area could see attractions close, camp activity shuttered if it drew people into close proximity.

Camps whose focus is spacious outdoor activity with minimal group activity, may well benefit from the crisis, At least on occupancy, less so from value added ventures.

The industry concern is not for itself, but for you
max. No longer a camp owner

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Were heading out to our somwhat secret spot in a SoCal desert this Thursday for the weekend. Expect to see no one out there as usual.

1992 D250 Cummins, 5spd, 4"' straight piped, sensors deleted, airbags, DAP injectors, 18cm.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Naio,

This is because of the man behind the curtain, the great and magnificent Wizard of W.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Mayor30

Pa

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Naio wrote:

noteven wrote:

Wouldn’t the idea be to take a setup in which you are self contained and not running in and out of places like you are on vacation?

All of us have to eat wether you live in a camper or a house. Grocery stores are still open in most states.

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 07:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another Mayor from a tourist destination begging people to stay home...Canmore

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Naio wrote:

We normally have enough for a couple weeks eats and could stock up enough for a month if needed. Might not be the best culinary selection towards the end but no fear of starving.

The whole point would be not to get sick. If we are out isolated, there is no source to catch the virus.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> The danger of self-isolating from COVID-19 on public lands
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.