RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–2022 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–2022 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 153  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

7% of cases have lead to hospitalization.

CDC 1 Oct 2021
Total hospitalizations divided by total cases

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

The vaccine lowers the chance of dying and getting extremely sick from covid.
Even with the vaccine you can still get covid, carry it and spread it.
With a 98% recovery rate I see no need to get vaccinated.

It's a fact that vaccine helps prevent serious illness and death. I think that is a real good reason to get vaccinated.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Which is more cost effective or a better financial bet?
Hoping to not get covid (or at least not be hospitalized) and bearing the costs associated with treatment or getting a free vaccine?

Health insurers justify passing COVID treatment costs on to patients despite massive profits
Fortune
Quote:

The uninsured or those who must seek COVID treatment out of their health plan’s network face the greatest financial burdens. For these Americans, the average COVID treatment cost can range between $51,389 for 21-to-40-year-olds to $78,569 for those who are between 41 and 60, according to FAIR Health. If you’re under 20 and don’t have insurance, COVID hospitalization charges average around $68,300, while they top $77,300 for those older than 60.

Even with insurance, costs can be daunting for COVID patients, per FAIR Health’s analysis, with the need for longer hospital stays and more aggressive treatments in the ICU hitting them particularly hard. For instance, in Florida, the median cost for insured patients who must pay at least part of the tab for a COVID hospital or ICU stay can range from $23,787 (a hospital stay) to $115,497 (if you’re in the ICU or require a ventilator). At that point what comes out of your pocket is entirely dependent on what your health plan chooses to cover.

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker, that is the bottom line. "It's a fact that vaccine helps prevent serious illness and death. I think that is a real good reason to get vaccinated."

To not get vaccinated is to put one's self and others at a needless risk. Too many just to not understand it is NOT about 'me' but it IS about US! That attitude is severely slowing successful containment of Covid!

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 11:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Capitalism/free market forces may take care of this via insurance co increasing premiums on the unvaccinated and other increases in costs/fees on the unvaccinated. The unvaccinated can simply choose not to due business with cos that have increased costs/fees.

Longshore

California

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

Wow.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The following I can claim with absolute certainty

When hydroxychloroquine was declared as the "miracle" cure and prophylactic for COVID it did the following...

Caused an acute shortage of the drug in generic and patented (trademarked PLAQUENIL) which left me, an immunocompromised elder of then 74 years without recourse for treatment of LUPUS, Look up the malady on GOOGLE and see the consequences of untreated LUPUS.

I had to resort to steroids and methotrexate. Look those up. Either or both will greatly decrease the body's defense mechanisms against all virus, and all bacteria. Starting with an already compromised immune system, I was left defenseless for many months.

I am anything but dull witted. I knew then, and I know now, that when HCQ was finally deemed almost worthless, NINETY EIGHT PERCENT OF THOSE Rx WERE FLUSHED DOWN THE TOILET.

Down here in Mexico, I have seen far too many "Thirty Something's" become ill, and be tested positive for COVID. The worst exhibited a blood O2 saturation of 82.

When I travel to the states for medical and do my shopping, I do a mental calculation as I enter a store. If there are too many unmasked customers, I do a U-turn. I have to do this because I get no free-shots with the virus. If I get it I die.

So, no matter what your disposition may be regarding the virus please keep in mind there are severely immune compromised individuals out there who cannot live in a glass bubble. We must hope others do not kill us.

Boon Docker

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moderator wrote:

Boon Docker, that is the bottom line. "It's a fact that vaccine helps prevent serious illness and death. I think that is a real good reason to get vaccinated."

To not get vaccinated is to put one's self and others at a needless risk. Too many just to not understand it is NOT about 'me' but it IS about US! That attitude is severely slowing successful containment of Covid!

Yes, unfortunately there are way too many anti vaxers and anti maskers out there that will keep this pandemic going.

Boon Docker

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

So you are saying a 2% fatality rate is acceptable. When it could be just a fraction of that amount if people would get vaccinated.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How many of you here know what kind of a reaction the vaccine will have with the current medications that I am currently taking??

How many of you here know what type of reactions the vaccine will have on my current health condition?

One again, the vaccine will not keep you from getting the virus.
The vaccine will not keep you from carrying it.
The vaccine will not keep you from spreading it.

It is there to help reduce the effect of the corona virus and hopefully keep me from dying.

So tell me why it matters if I get the vaccine or not.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 153  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–2022 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.