RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 97  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

....it looks like Argentina has a lab ready to go, to produce AstraZeneca vaccine. Now, in Mexico, the recipe technology is apparently still not transferred to Mexican (or, Argentinian) "vaccine labs"; said labs partially funded by Carlos Slim. However, the Mexican labs (as is the Argentina lab) are ready to produce with some base ingredients when they get "the secret recipe" specifics from University of Oxford. This, I presume will only happen when AstraZeneca is completely tested, approved and released to the UK population.

I don't see Oxford UK releasing the vaccine-making script to ANY labs anywhere in the World to make this vaccine until the UK approves it, just ahead of deployment (ie. the UK gets approval). Anyhow, even in the best case scenario, Comisión Federal para la Protección contra Riesgos Sanitarios won't have a vial of vaccine ready before the end of March of next year.

Anyone have any insider info on these Mexican labs?

On edit: in Brazil, their vaccine-making facilities are just about zero. The ex Brazil minister of health said Brazil will not have the capability to manufacture any vaccines (even AstraZeneca) for perhaps 10 years. If a miracle happens, not for at least 3 years (end of 2023).

* This post was edited 11/25/20 08:27am by silversand *

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jeezo this is 180 degrees opposite from what the secretearia de Salud announced publicly last week. Dr. Jorge Alcocer Varela.

AVENIDA SUPER AVENIDA LOMAS VERDES, #67, Int. 0, COLONIA LOMAS VERDES, Naucalpan de Juárez, NAUCALPAN DE JUÁREZ, ESTADO DE MéXICO, MÉXICO, CP: 53120

He said the vaccines will be ready to ship December 9-12. BUT BUT BUT. Having lived in Mexico and enduring Mexican government and private press releases for decades for more decades than I wish to remember. "Having a vaccine ready to ship" and actually doing it is 2 different things. The new discovery regarding a 50% potency 1st jab being superior certainly must have upset AZs grand plans.

I passed by AZs manufacturing facility in 2011. It is huge. Perhaps 8-10 Costco stores in physical size. It is not located near AZs headquarters. It had its own commercial truck entrance.

Keep in mind our own FDA declared the AZ serum can be manufactured four times as fast as the Pfizer and Moderna versions and the AZ can be stored for six months at refrigerator temperature. The serology has not changed in 6 months which surely makes the process simpler. It's the revised dosage and ramifications that has my eyebrows raised about release dates.

A distribution center in the megalopolis of Monterrey would help with faster dispersal throughout the country.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am expecting a boilerplate answer but I fired off a mail to AstraZeneca Mexico.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 04:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mex:

It will be interesting to see the reply.

But still, why would AstraZeneca ever produce "the vaccine" across the World in an un-concerted way? When AstraZenica's lead says, "go", all the plants (and licensed producers) will commence production at the same time. But what we need to find out, Mex, is IF AZ has already started manufacturing AZD (world-wide?) BEFORE approval (a huge risk for pharmaceutical companies), and is stockpiling in satellite manufacturing facilities (Africa, Latin America (Mexico), East Asia)...THAT is the kind of insider info that we all need to know. After all, AZ is a for-profit corporation competing with all the other vaccines.

However, what worries me about AZD1222 is the following, the article in Clinical Trials journal (pharmaceutical industry), most importantly, adenovirus vector has had almost no precedence in human medicines (vaccines): here--> published 12th October.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

silversand wrote:

However, what worries me about AZD1222 is the following, the article in Clinical Trials journal (pharmaceutical industry), most importantly, adenovirus vector has had almost no precedence in human medicines (vaccines): here--> published 12th October.

And mRNA vaccines have a long track record in human medicines?[emoticon]

* This post was edited 11/26/20 06:35am by BCSnob *

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AFTER my bouts last winter with "approved" flu vaccines I am ready to move on.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know of no medication that has more side effects at ½ dosage. Less efficacy yes. But not more intense side effects. Yet some entities are treating the ½ dosage efficacy as a defect. This is new technology and the immune system is reactive and not merely a slide. If WHO found trials failures of the AZ VACCINE that would have been entirely a disaster and different issue. The South African trials have shown no failures.

What is unknown is the durability of ANY serum from season to season. Influenza mutates and NONE of the vaccines in use protects the vaccinated from season to season. None of the vaccines use the novel methodology of the AZ approach. They rely on the same tired rote as current antivirals. I am willing to chance the AZ innovation of nullifying the virus method of cell penetration. Oh Silly Me.

Oh silly me.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

And mRNA vaccines have a long track record in human medicines?

You are absolutely correct, to be fair.

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/20 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We know it is difficult, but again, we have to ask you avoid political references of any kind. Covid doesn't recognize politics, and it is up to us as 'citizens' to get control and then take advantage of what ever vaccines have proven effective.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So those interested, DNA vaccines vs RNA vaccines.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1986720/

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 97  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.