RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 111  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pconroy328

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/21 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

There appears to be only one link??

https://youtu.be/j7xsOsrDmPQ

Yes - I wasn't sure if I was posting appropriate content for this thread so I wanted to tread carefully. [emoticon]

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/21 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got my first shot scheduled for Feb 8. Pretty smooth process to make appointment online, I had about a 40 minute wait in a "waiting room" online due to traffic. My age group was just opened up this morning.

Kudos to the state of Indiana for their organized process.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johnson & Johnson is reportedly ready to ask the FDA for permission to release their single jab inoculation, next week.

I'm a little confused at Johnson's reported efficacy of (100%)

I am keeping in mind that after being jabbed, it takes weeks to build up even moderate resistance to the virus. Jeezo, wouldn't it be a bummer to catch the virus after being jabbed? I am planning to remain chill until a couple of weeks following the 2nd jab. Tuesday I went to the states and bought seven hundred dollars worth of groceries. Siege mentality. Prices down here are rising nutso and the dollar has lost 30% of its value in six months.

I wonder if certificates of immunization will somehow be issued? Crossing the border both ways exposes me to a vulnerability of proof of immunization.

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope they develop a vaccine for that new African strain of covid.

2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Made In China SINOVAC vaccine fail. Less than 50% efficacy in 50+ age group, in Brasil Phase 3 tests. Mexico, cancels orders.

Johns Hopkins link

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/13/asia/........vid-vaccine-efficacy-intl-hnk/index.html

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/21 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well this is scary. Although they say it may be due to other

diseases.https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/21 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

Got my first shot scheduled for Feb 8. Pretty smooth process to make appointment online, I had about a 40 minute wait in a "waiting room" online due to traffic. My age group was just opened up this morning.

Kudos to the state of Indiana for their organized process.

Yay!!! I'm beginning to think my odds of getting vaccinated are probably better in Michigan, than in FL where the competition is fierce!! You said you were in a "waiting room" - is IN using the Eventbrite system?? (That's what I encountered here in FL, only my wait ended in being told all the "tickets" had been sold)

It seems to work well, but if ALL the states start using it - I wonder if it can handle that avalanche of vaccine-seekers???

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/17/21 02:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb, I have no idea what program they are using. I'm a little nervous because of the recent news that the Feds don't have the reserve doses they promised and the states are not getting what they were told. Was my appointment based on what they had or what they expected????

Don, the article I read posed the possibility that the deaths were associated with some of the more "mild" reactions more commonly seen with vaccinations and that because these happened in very old individuals it resulted in the deaths.

As a veterinarian I can attest to the validity of this possibility. Many older patients are living on the edge of decompensation and ANY disruption of normal physiology can result in a downward spiral that ends in death. I would pose that the story here isn't necessarily a warning about vaccination (pending further study). It may just mean that older individuals may need more intense observation for a longer time and perhaps intervention at the first sign of complication.

Dr. Doug

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/21 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting article debating whether or not hospitals and clinics receive more money for anything CV19 related. Also makes the point that even if a patient is sliding off the death bed with other disease, if related in any way to CV19, then it counts.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/verify/verify-do-hospitals-get-more-funding-by-marking-deaths-covid-19-related/103-36834bad-1113-4f67-8804-5d97e6593745

* This post was edited 01/17/21 08:24am by an administrator/moderator *

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/17/21 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are drifting away from the intent of this thread; to provide documented information, from legitimate sources, that may be helpful in curbing/eliminating the spread of Covid. let's get back to that purpose please. Thank you. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 111  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.