RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–2022 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–2022 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 146  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In this retrospective study of US state health department records the authors determined the prevalence of Covid-19 by age groups before the availability of vaccines and before the first report of variants in the USA. They asked the question was the percentage of covid-19 cases by age group the same as the percentage of total population for that age group. If 10-19 year olds make up 15% of the population then if there is no age correlation in susceptibility to covid-19 the 10-19 year olds should make up 15% of the covid-19 cases.

What the authors found was
Quote:

In 16 of the 19 states experiencing surges of cases during Fall 2020, we found that (i) the prevalence of COVID-19 was significantly higher in adolescents and youth than in older adults

adolescents (10-19) and youth (15-24)

The 3 states that had higher rates in adults than predicted by population were:
SD (during the time of the Sturgis motorcycle rally)
PA & MI (during the time of multiple political rallies)

MedRxiv preprint: doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.07.06.21260112

It appears that younger people were more susceptible to becoming infected by covid-19 (perhaps because of behaviors). This analysis was about positive PCR tests not severity of the disease.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cabo San Lucas

Young people haunts. Cabo Wabo, Giggling Marlin, et al.

Music thunders from U-Haul size speakers. Four to six people to a small table.

They shout at each other at the top of their lungs to be heard above the howl and rumble of the speakers.

Cabo has an infection rate 200 times higher than Cd Constitucion which has twice the population (Newspaper report La Paz BCS)

Small children yell at each other for emphasis.

To me, high transmission percentages are no surprise. Even my four granddaughters screech at each other over bathroom occupancy and "borrowing" issues.

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/21 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob, based on the analyses you laid out, if parents are in charge of their children and want what is in the best interests of their children, why would these parents not get vaccinated themselves and have their children vaccinated above age 12. However, as yet, we know that the FDA has not approved a vaccine for children under the age of 12. But parents can assist in protecting those children by getting vaccinating themselves. In addition, were parents better parents say in the 1950s than they are today? I can remember standing in line outside of the school library at various times to get a smallpox vaccine and a polio vaccine, for example. Children were removed from the classroom who did not have a parents' permission slip for vacciines and taken home by "the then" truant officers to speak with a parent as to why their children were not to be vaccinated; if the reasons were not adequate or logical, the parents' names were turned over to state child services for possible child neglect and could possibly have the children removed from the family home. Just having a hard time understanding parenting these days or does it exist anymore to protect our children, who are the future of our country.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 02:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One guess for the difference in attitudes (then & now) is the difference in the level of trust/belief in science

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/21 03:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back in the day,the measles vaccine was touted as the fastest ever to market.Think it was 4 years. Now vaccines are less than a year. But the testing results are not snail mailed back and forth,duplicated at another lab,results checked and new findings snail mailed back. Not counting testing time in the old petri dish.

And I think a lot has to do with peoples so called rights. And the wrong info is instantly news.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/21 04:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have multiple myeloma, in remission after chemo and a stem cell transplant (SCT) a year ago. I had pfizer's vaccine in Jan & Feb. My transplant doc had me join a clinical trial for SCT patients response to the covid vaccine. The blood test showed I had a nonreactive result, no antibodies. They said I may have T-cell immunity but they do not test that. So I have been told to wear a mask, socially distance, avoid crowds and isolate as much as possible. I cannot go into Michigan Stadium for football games, bummer as I own a house 1 block from the 50. The doc told me to get a booster ASAP. So I am hoping the US follows Israel's lead in promoting boosters for the immune compromised like me.

They have started revaccinating me for all the vaccines I had which were wiped out by the SCT. I got 7 last month and will keep getting more for another year.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/21 05:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So if you got no antibodies from the Pfizer vac what good would the booster do? I thought a booster was to up the original dose.Can they test you for the T-cell immunity?

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/21 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The lack of immune response from the first covid vaccine course may have been caused by residual effects of your treatments.

If you had no immune response to the Pfizer vaccine and they are revaccinating you with the childhood vaccines (which were negated by your treatments) why wouldn’t they just revaccinate you for covid?

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/21 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

Quote:

In 16 of the 19 states experiencing surges of cases during Fall 2020, we found that (i) the prevalence of COVID-19 was significantly higher in adolescents and youth than in older adults

adolescents (10-19) and youth (15-24)

This confirms my suspicions that the school systems were lying to us. I kept hearing "There is no transmission of Covid at school".

Michigan's covid rate started rising dramatically when our Gov. allowed contact sports to resume - but in all fairness, kids that age are VERY social and the contact levels are high. And they think they're invincible, so there's that, too ;-)

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/21 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The hope is the booster would induce antibodies. Perhaps it won't, but it is worth a try when they come out. I do not think it is the same as the first 2 shots. They cannot test for the T cell immunity.

The childhood vaccines are different than the RNMA (?) covid vaccines. I asked if those would not take and they said they would.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 146  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–2022 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.