RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 108  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moderator wrote:

We know it is difficult, but again, we have to ask you avoid political references of any kind. Covid doesn't recognize politics, and it is up to us as 'citizens' to get control and then This best corroborates the statement I m........it's for Medical personnel and the aged.take advantage of what ever vaccines have proven effective.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mistake above is in your software. I used a reply globule.

"...........
No problem. Try again.

* This post was edited 11/27/20 07:10pm by an administrator/moderator *

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

I sped through the article and found the multiple bar graphs at the end especially valuable to me. I am a subject of a hyperactive immune (autoimmune) subject to R/A symptoms, severe (rheumatologist denoted) psoriasis, and a peculiar symptom if I drank water originating in a private well in seven or eight locales all over the west and in Mexico both hands would swell up to the size of baseball catcher's mitts. After switching to R/O water the swelling would go down and I would have peeling skin like that expressed after a severe sunburn on the hands. Rheumatologists were/are amazed at the reaction and Blood and Urine Panels revealed zero. Other than considerable discomfort no other reactions were noted.

So my concern about immunological effects aren't merely theatrical.

I thought you might want to read this preprint.

Characteristics, outcomes, and mortality amongst 133,589 patients with prevalent autoimmune diseases diagnosed with, and 48,418 hospitalised for COVID-19: a multinational distributed network cohort analysis
medRxiv preprint doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.11.24.20236802

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 02:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many thanks for the link. I pored over pertinent data.

First speed reed, there's no doubt, and my conviction that Cytokine Storms are the Gran Mal of autoimmune reaction of a COVID19 episode are reinforced.

My outcome looks bleak. I never suspected otherwise. Amplified T cell involvement looks inevitable. This is my fascination with the Oxford AZ approach. The unexpected dosage reaction creates a strong hunch that efficacy/ dosage discrepancies are T cell related. I will be interested in reading conclusions before and after peer reviewing. Long term efficacy due to eventual T cell rejection lends me to weigh more heavily on a particular modality. I will be monitoring white blood cell count with particular interest during the first week. A CBC on the 7th day. Urinalysis after 3 weeks. Malicious T Cell origin antigen activity will show up in renal rather than hepatic numbers.

* This post was edited 11/28/20 02:51am by MEXICOWANDERER *

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The FDA, and the British Health Ministry have ordered Oxford to re-evaluate the curious increase in effectiveness that occurs with a half strength first dose of The AstraZeneca vaccine. Hopefully the action will take weeks and not months.

Also, the FDA reported that in this coming week it is going to publish an ordinal of vaccine recipients.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Non-controversial BBC article about COVID immunization.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/25/busin........onavirus-vaccine-astrazeneca-oxford.html

They have admitted there was a mistake.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 05:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

YEP. the AstraZeneca CEO labelled it Serendipity. Sometimes there are good errors Pianotuna. The idea of half-strength first dosage is called ramping and Operation Warp Speed limited that luxury. My question now is whether the FDA will permit a hodge-podge of vaccine choices. By severe geographical limitation genuine bad reactions are much easier to track. Herd immunity via geographical borders will be interesting. I wonder if Woodward/Bernstein are conjuring the idea of a book?

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mex,

I guess I'm getting a different "read". My impression was that the strength of the dose was in error, so that in fact both doses were full strength.... But I certainly could be wrong.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The error, was a half strength first dosage that increased efficacy from around 70% to above 90% for a number of study examples. Given two full-strength jabs the efficacy was 70%.

Theories are being put forth that subject's immune systems saw the high first dose as a threat and caused a misfire reaction.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 108  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.