RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Can You Pass Through States with Stay at Home Orders?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can You Pass Through States with Stay at Home Orders?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 10:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

Our RV is our home, but we are slowly heading north to our upstate NY family cottage where we'll hunker down for awhile until things settle down. We're currently near Savannah, GA and are not concerned at all about passing through the seven states we'll traverse on our way to NY from Florida. Since we'll be calling the cottage "home" for this purpose, if asked, we'll just say we can't obey a stay home order until we get home.

This is why so many people are going to die unnecessarily in the US. We've been raised all our lives to think that our country is the exception to everything, and that we as individuals are exceptions to every rule.

3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 10:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

=

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/20 10:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ItsyRV wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

Obviously plenty are. I'm having some fun here. People are so gullible. It must be true, I heard it on the internet, lol.

Considering that AZ Governor declare Golf Courses As Essential Businesses, people already have a distort view about AZ resident's grasp of reality. Things like this don't help the perception! [emoticon]

and to add, the Governor mobilized the National Guard to, (drum roll) stock supermarket shelves.....

i'm not seeing golf courses on the guv's list of essential services and businesses.
https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing........e0176ba-6d4d-11ea-a7e3-278928000e9d.html

and what's the problem with the guard helping beef up the local supply chain? fully and consistently filled store shelves will contribute to calming the public.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 10:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I'm in my motorhome, I'm in my home. I don't own or rent any other real estate. So I believe I'm obeying the law. I'm staying at home. I also went to Kroger and Walmart today, but that seems to be allowed. I'm staying in Texas for now because it hasn't jumped on the "close your state parks" bandwagon. The order I saw for Dallas County applied to residents of Dallas County. I'm not a resident of anywhere, except where I'm parked for the night.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 10:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Naio wrote:

Dutch_12078 wrote:

Our RV is our home, but we are slowly heading north to our upstate NY family cottage where we'll hunker down for awhile until things settle down. We're currently near Savannah, GA and are not concerned at all about passing through the seven states we'll traverse on our way to NY from Florida. Since we'll be calling the cottage "home" for this purpose, if asked, we'll just say we can't obey a stay home order until we get home.

This is why so many people are going to die unnecessarily in the US. We've been raised all our lives to think that our country is the exception to everything, and that we as individuals are exceptions to every rule.

Exactly and, it's a horrible death as well as you drown in your own bodily fluids.

This year, our 'RV experience' will be backyard campomg.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

NoVa RT

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 10:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The highways are open. Any statements to the contrary here are incorrect. Lots of folks are making their way home at this very moment.

2013 RT 190-Popular

Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 11:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NoVa RT wrote:

The highways are open. Any statements to the contrary here are incorrect. Lots of folks are making their way home at this very moment.

Did I miss something? I haven't seen anybody talking about highways being closed.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 11:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magicbus wrote:

I guess you have a pretty big boat. Mine was a trawler with full sized fridge and freezer plus a freezer in the laz, and big water and holding tanks, so we could spend a month on board if we were to forego fresh veggies and milk. Seriously, how long are you going to live on your boat without interacting with other people and probably adding to their problems. Where I live they just closed our island to non full time residents because our hospital and first responders are at winter staffing levels and can’t handle the summer people who want to come and hide out. Instead of riding this out at home you would just be adding to the problem, as fun a solution as it may seem to be.

Dave

So you're suggesting the OP would go to the store less if living on land in a RV park?

I'll never understand the incessant antagonism on the forum...

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 12:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

Naio wrote:

Dutch_12078 wrote:

Exactly and, it's a horrible death as well as you drown in your own bodily fluids.

This year, our 'RV experience' will be backyard campomg.

What is wrong with you people?
What's your interpretation of what Dutchy actually said?
Did your brains interpret "traveling to the cottage to hunker down" to mean "stopping at every rest area, grocery store and Stuckeys along the way and sneezing on everyone they see, shaking hands and kissing babies"?
What better way to isolate than heading to the cottage, presumably not a condo or in the middle of a city, to wait this out?

Would you two rather live in your popup camper in Colorado or your microbus in wherever your at trying to find mail order meds than going "home" if you had one, wherever that is?

I think some of you have the bat soup fever already and haven't self diagnosed yet....

Personally, this is a great time to get away for a bit into the back country. That's why we go camping. To get away from people. Triple bonus. More time since the kids school and sports lives are on hold, weather is breaking into spring time and less chance of catching or spreading anything when you're by yourself in a vehicle or in the woods or mountains somewhere than any even remotely sub-urban area, much less any urban areas.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 12:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

But you eternal pessimists stay home please. Since most of you are retired, it shouldn't be an issue...
Personally and professionally it is much easier to get my job done with only 10% of the normal traffic on the road.
And less frustrating too.
And since I'm fortunate enough to be considered a critical infrastructure type operation, I get to keep working while many are not able to and are beginning to see the financial stress of it.
That said, there is a real chance that will change for myself, the company and the industry. But I hope not.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can You Pass Through States with Stay at Home Orders?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.