RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: What's Opened?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What's Opened?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 10:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The one place I see outdoors and social distancing is fishing on lakes from boats. The campground we are in now is a popular fishing lake east of Dallas.

Of course no one wants others in their favorite fishing spot. We are seeing solitary boaters, where there used to be large groups on many. The launch ramps are not seeing a lot of crowding, but steady use.

Even in rainy 45 degree weather today.

Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Jackathan

Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 10:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I understand that the closure of overnight camping is to prevent the spread, such as travelers across state lines, or farther. It's unfortunate that they can't control the camping to local people only. Anyhow, we will probably be using our 5th wheel as an isolation chamber in the driveway, as my wife works in a hospital that has been chosen as a Covid-19 unit. Looking forward for this to be over. Stay safe everyone.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 11:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

ajriding wrote:

What is still opened?
What is closed?

I was in N Ga and April 3rd at 6pm they were closing down. I saw signs (posted prior) that the AT was closed. Why? no idea, this is the ultimate social distancing activity.
The "Forest" was closed. Im not sure what that means. Many primitive campsites were posted closed with threats of $5,000 fines or a year in jail - for camping or parking in the middle of nowhere! The World has gone insane.

The trails were closed, but the Governor said going out to exercise was allowed. Since when did we lose our freedoms? Like 911, this too shall never pass.

If you see something opened, or closed, let us know the date and location.

You lost your "freedom" when the rest of us decided we wanted to live. Staying in your home restricts the chances of spreading this virus, plain and simple.

So true. This was once "the land of the free and the home of the brave". Now it is neither.

Anyway, to the original poster, I'm convinced other businesses are shutting down because they see their neighbors sleeping in late and shopping at Walmart during the day and they want their vacation, I mean "social distancing", too.

The Greatest Generation would be appalled.

S Davis

Western WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 11:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

jdc1 wrote:

ajriding wrote:

What is still opened?
What is closed?

I was in N Ga and April 3rd at 6pm they were closing down. I saw signs (posted prior) that the AT was closed. Why? no idea, this is the ultimate social distancing activity.
The "Forest" was closed. Im not sure what that means. Many primitive campsites were posted closed with threats of $5,000 fines or a year in jail - for camping or parking in the middle of nowhere! The World has gone insane.

The trails were closed, but the Governor said going out to exercise was allowed. Since when did we lose our freedoms? Like 911, this too shall never pass.

If you see something opened, or closed, let us know the date and location.

You lost your "freedom" when the rest of us decided we wanted to live. Staying in your home restricts the chances of spreading this virus, plain and simple.

So true. This was once "the land of the free and the home of the brave". Now it is neither.

Anyway, to the original poster, I'm convinced other businesses are shutting down because they see their neighbors sleeping in late and shopping at Walmart during the day and they want their vacation, I mean "social distancing", too.

The Greatest Generation would be appalled.

That might be how it is in Texas but we are closing here in WA to protect our elderly and health care workers not for a vacation. I am a small business owner and am taking a huge hit being closed but I would rather do that than potentially kill someones loved one. Seems somewhere along the line a lot of people have lost their compassion for others.

dalej

texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/20 05:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Son of Norway wrote:

I have read that rural areas don't have the medical resources to take care of outsiders who might contract the virus, so that is why they are closing campgrounds.

Thats the reason a county commissioner gave for shutting down Brewster County Texas and Big Bend National Park.

2005 Chevy HD2500, ext cab, 4x4, 8.1, allison,lwb,srw, 265 75 16's, timbrens

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/20 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"What's Opened?"

Ct opened fishing season early this year because of the epidemic, I had to cancel reservations for a very small local campground that we go river fishing every april. As of now I am only allowed to drive to the campground with no rv and fish directly on the river. River is stocked by the state DEP. So in 2 weeks and if nothing changes I will make a day trip to fish on the river. Most state parks in ct have reduced visitation or ever closed. Land trust trails are still open

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 200K"

Where we have camped

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/20 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Restaurants are closed here, except for take out & delivery.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/20 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campendium has a running list of closed facilities, Federal, state and local, as well as some private parks. Here is a link to their site, Campendium and there are buttons on the right linking to the closure and Covid 19 info.

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/20 08:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ga State Parks are still open. Just how far was the OP wanting to hike on the AT?
Likely wasn't going to hike at all. There are many parks that have trails of several miles still open - just stay away from other people and help yourself.

Ranting and raving does no good except draw responses like this. Relax brother this will pass. I'm getting a little sick of the inside too.

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In Ga parks are opened, and it is mostly foreigners that are crowding into the playgrounds. The playground parking lot is always full now, never was before.
Some people are dumb.
Some people still want to explain how a virus works and the reasons for being careful. I think we are long past that. You either understand or you do not at this point. No need to explain the simplest things on the forum.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What's Opened?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.