|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jfkmk

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bid_time wrote:

They'd be better off if the coronavirus took our whole generation out.

Speak for yourself.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/20 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two words

George
Soros

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 04:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We may never know exactly how Covid-19 came to be the threat it is today, but I'm convinced the crisis is being milked for everything it's worth by certain people.
In this world there are some extremely wealthy, equally ruthless elites who run things behind the curtain. For anyone who likes history and wants to know how we got to the mess we're in worldwide, I recommend the book, "The Killing of Uncle Sam," by Howard-Browne & Williams. You won't be bored. It shocked me to find out how bloodthirsty Winston Churchill was; he actually reveled in WWII.

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Ductape

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 04:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

16 million unemployed on record

And that’s without the millions more like the lady in the article who has tried 1,200 times and failed to get through the unemployment filing website.

Models are not accurate

Decisions have been made using faulty assumptions and bad science. Instead of a one hour news program with doctors doing all the talking, let’s hear from some economists.

The local sheriff here in the last week put up one of those mobile electronic signs on the highway into our community. “Lock your doors”. Doesn’t take a crystal ball to see where this road goes.

* This post was edited 04/09/20 04:23pm by Ductape *

49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

rltorpey

The land of taxes

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/20 04:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The coronavirus must have passed its peak because round 2 has started.

NY deferring workforce pay raises: 'We, frankly, don't have the money'

"We, frankly, don't have the money," Robert Mujica, Cuomo's budget director, said at the governor's daily briefing, about 12 hours after some of the state's major unions began spreading the word about the pay freeze. He has estimated state revenue has taken at least a $10 billion dive since the virus hit New York. The freeze will last at least 90 days and would save New York $50 million.

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/coro........avirus/state-unions-pay-raise-1.43756563

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One thing I can not understand is with the government willing to pass out trillions of dollars, why does the loss of a job require a loss of income?
For every week a area must be shut down pay everybody 1/52 of their last year's reported income. Everybody's bills could stay caught up, so when businesses opened there would be a pent up demand for the goods we can not buy now. And the businesses would have their most valuable asset customers with money in their pocket.
Now, would this save say a airline? If managers had been running the airline without expecting Gov to step in to bail them out, (and been reporting their income) yes. If managed bad, then when demand for air travel comes back others could buy the equipment and start flying.

Etstorm

Frankston,TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/20 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

About the models

Garbage in, garbage out!

bid_time

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 05:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

bid_time wrote:

x20 - We've already screwed our kids and grandkids. Our generation should be real ashamed of the mess we have left them with. They'd be better off if the coronavirus took our whole generation out.

So tell me how you know we are totally screwed. Honestly much in the way we have never quarantined the entire country. We have never deliberately created a financial crisis.
How long will it take to recover financially? What will the financial recovery entail. From a financial perspective we are also in uncharted territory.
Similar to the health aspects. We truly don't fully know how this plays out. I don't mean to imply there will no hardships. But we don't need to be ashamed that there was a pandemic.
Pandemic was not a word the we created. Pandemic have happened before and I imagine they will happen again.
One day when the dust settles the grand kids maybe grateful that we survived as well as we did!
Oh Yes Indeed! Our grandkids are going to be oh so proud of us leaving them $24 TRILLION dollars in debt; they'll be dancing in the streets. And you being one that advocates for paying cash or doing without. My how the worm doth turn. (And we're about to slather that $24T with a bunch of chocolate frosting with this recession/depression and forthcoming bailouts)

* This post was edited 04/09/20 05:36pm by bid_time *

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 05:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tonight's CBS News reported that we have an "unemployment epidemic." Since epidemics are far worse than pandemics, and Covid-19 is only a pandemic, what does that tell us?

And as has been pointed out, states' tax revenues are going down the hole. Just wait until it's time to fund the schools.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bid_time wrote:

Lantley wrote:

bid_time wrote:

x20 - We've already screwed our kids and grandkids. Our generation should be real ashamed of the mess we have left them with. They'd be better off if the coronavirus took our whole generation out.

So tell me how you know we are totally screwed. Honestly much in the way we have never quarantined the entire country. We have never deliberately created a financial crisis.
How long will it take to recover financially? What will the financial recovery entail. From a financial perspective we are also in uncharted territory.
Similar to the health aspects. We truly don't fully know how this plays out. I don't mean to imply there will no hardships. But we don't need to be ashamed that there was a pandemic.
Pandemic was not a word the we created. Pandemic have happened before and I imagine they will happen again.
One day when the dust settles the grand kids maybe grateful that we survived as well as we did!
Oh Yes Indeed! Our grandkids are going to be oh so proud of us leaving them $24 TRILLION dollars in debt; they'll be dancing in the streets. And you being one that advocates for paying cash or doing without. My how the worm doth turn. (And we're about to slather that $24T with a bunch of chocolate frosting with this recession/depression and forthcoming bailouts)

As if the budget was balanced before this all started.

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.