|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 01:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Explain to me like I'm a 3rd grader how much better it is for the debt we pass to our grandchildren to pass out money to corporations that have been making record profits for a decade than pay it to people that work for their money, collecting a smaller wage in same dollars than where 30 years ago?
If the city in China can open after 76 days by shutting down and support the population while doing it why can't US?

And I bet most of the grandkids, if give a choice, would prefer to inherit a livable planet, but that is another discussion.

Straw man argument alert!
The planet will be livable for healthy people even if we never shut down. COVID-19 is not a great risk to healthy people.

I'l answer your question: It's not better to give money to corporations and I support letting them fail.

A question for you: Is it better for this country to shut down gyms to try to stop the virus which will make healthy people unhealthy to try to give a few more months of life to the unhealthy?

I won't vote for that plan.

Anyway, I say let the blue states stay shut down for as long as they want and let the red states open when they want and let's see how that works out. There's a scientific experiment for you.

* This post was edited 04/17/20 02:08pm by DallasSteve *

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 02:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"If the city in China can open after 76 days by shutting down and support the population while doing it why can't US?"

You REALLY believe anything that comes out of China???

I have a hard time believing our Gov too.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 02:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"If the city in China can open after 76 days by shutting down and support the population while doing it why can't US?"

I have a hard time believing our Gov too.

I agree with trust and verify.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 03:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Do you really want to discuss what to believe from a government source?
If a radar operator knew N Korea was going to launch a missile, said nothing, turned off equipment and a bunch of people in Washington state where killed, would that be called treason? If Iran made a dirty bomb out of a ship, the people watching the satellites knew it was coming to New York, but told every body it was on the way to Panama, and 10,000 died in NY would that be treason?
The fact is if our government would of told use the first week of Jan there was a good chance this was coming and what was known/suspected we would of demanded testing of everybody flying into the country, and all the drastic actions would of been unnecessary.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 03:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Do you really want to discuss what to believe from a government source?
If a radar operator knew N Korea was going to launch a missile, said nothing, turned off equipment and a bunch of people in Washington state where killed, would that be called treason? If Iran made a dirty bomb out of a ship, the people watching the satellites knew it was coming to New York, but told every body it was on the way to Panama, and 10,000 died in NY would that be treason?
The fact is if our government would of told use the first week of Jan there was a good chance this was coming and what was known/suspected we would of demanded testing of everybody flying into the country, and all the drastic actions would of been unnecessary.

Where did I put my tin foil hat?

Lwiddis

Lone Pine, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/20 04:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TEXAS - April 17 - 17,371 infected 428 deaths

April 16 - 16,455 infected 393 deaths (more than at the Alamo)
April 15 - 15,492 infected 364 deaths (more than at Goliad)
April 14 - 14,624 infected 318 deaths
April 13 - 13,906 infected 287 deaths
April 12 - 13,484 infected and 271 deaths
April 10 - 12,561 cases and 254 deaths
April 9 - 10,230 infected and 199 deaths

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/20 04:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

Last I heard, Sweden is having more cases then countries around.
Another thought about laid off medical workers. If the hospitals can not get the equipment to protect them might be better not have them come to work.

Heard from who? Link please if you have it.

Cuomo WAY overestimates the need for ven........lators. Gives them away to other states.

So it looks like Cuomo's gloom and doom ventilator need didn't pan out for him. That's a good thing.

We now know the computer modeling they used sucked about as bad as Windows Vista.

It's beginning to look like CDC's 60K death toll is going to be close to correct. It's good to see they are finally starting to use better modeling because the last one sucked!

Glad I have time to read the forum today as I haven't been on the Net much. Cuomo also sent ventilator to another state. Screamed for 40,000 of those ventilator beyond those he already had. Requested a hospital ship that went pretty much unused, will be receiving patients from Philadelphia, set up the Javit's Center and several others with thousands of beds. One hospital existed for 2-3 days, never saw a patient and was then disassembled.

I do watch the morning news and tune in to his conferences but CNN's darling is on the national news too much.

One thing I am curious about, info may be out there, but what are the numbers of successful treatments, how many have been released, how many are in the hospital and how many are infected and not being hospitalized ?

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 05:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“When somebody’s the president of the United States, the authority is total, And that’s how it’s got to be,” Trump said.

How does this square with the Republican platform that supports State's rights? I wonder what became of the aide who explained, "Sir, this is a Democratic Republic, not a monarchy." Don't you think that Texas knows what's best for Texas? This whole thing is being politicized and we will be the losers. In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along".

bid_time

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 05:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

bid_time wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

I might of missed it, but the only reason to not have the "Shelter in Place" order is "people losing jobs". But that does not make sense, because people doing the important work are still doing it. What we really need to do is have as many people as possible stay home but protect their income
Can we add about $10,000.00 to the income tax you currently pay to pay for your "protect their income" program. Because all were doing now is putting it on the credit card for our kids and grandkids to pay. Nothing like adding another $10T to the national debt to pay for something that didn't have to go down this way.
Our kids are going to be so proud of us to leave them with this debt on top of what we already handed them.

Explain to me like I'm a 3rd grader how much better it is for the debt we pass to our grandchildren to pass out money to corporations that have been making record profits for a decade than pay it to people that work for their money, collecting a smaller wage in same dollars than where 30 years ago?
If the city in China can open after 76 days by shutting down and support the population while doing it why can't US?

And I bet most of the grandkids, if give a choice, would prefer to inherit a livable planet, but that is another discussion.
It's not. Any debt you ain't paying back within a reasonable amount of time is bad. Simple enough for a third grader?

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/20 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

.....The flu season is going to end in very short order according to the CDC's own data collected over a long period of time.

CV19 along with the other flu viruses will crash very soon.

Nice wishful thinking, except Covid is not an influenza virus, except current data indicates that warmer temperatures do not decrease Covid infections. We can hope, but there is no data to support those hopes.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.