|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 04:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

759,134 cases; 40,265 dead. in how many months? in what 2 or 3 months is the rate of the flu???
I am tired of people pulling the flu out for comparisons.
Yogi said "It ain't over till it's over" If you don't believe that put on a red hat and go play outside like there is no tomorrow and many will be right .... there will be no tomorrow.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 04:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"If it's someone's time to go, I can't save them. Some people simply will die from this virus, like it or not. Everyone dies eventually, like it or not. However, the people who are most susceptible are still free to stay away from the rest of us (self-isolate) as we resume our own survival tasks."

YER MEAN [emoticon]

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/20 04:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"If it's someone's time to go, I can't save them. Some people simply will die from this virus, like it or not. Everyone dies eventually, like it or not. However, the people who are most susceptible are still free to stay away from the rest of us (self-isolate) as we resume our own survival tasks."

Since the Michigan rallies, I’m all for this because it looks like support for this mainly comes from a particular political bent, and if they want to race for the exit, have at it!

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

shelbyfv

TN

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TechWriter wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Since the Michigan rallies, I’m all for this because it looks like support for this mainly comes from a particular political bent, and if they want to race for the exit, have at it!
We can only hope....

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

JIMNLIN wrote:

Yeah..one has to wonder when these types will wake up to that fact.

We have the the me generation and now the its my rights generation that can't comprehend how their choosing to gamble life style affects us all.
Per CDC.... 3-7-'20 there were 20 COVID-19 deaths.
4-19-'20 there has been 40000 COVID-19 deaths in the USA.

If the dead had a wish it would probably be I wish I had stayed home....or I wish others had just stayed home.
How many Covid 19 deaths would have been discovered if there had been lots of tests available to all parts of the country? How many tests did they do on 2-7-'20? That's just not a meaningful statistic. Who know how many people would have tested positive in November/December, now that they're saying it could have been around back in September. How many deaths were blamed on the seasonal flu when, in fact, it was something else? Or vice versa?

Oh lordy... now its all a big conspiracy.
[emoticon]

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TechWriter wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I guess you mean the political bent that favors freedom and personal responsibility. That's the camp I'm in. I say the blue states can keep their economies shut down for as long as they want and let's see how that works out for them. That's a good scientific experiment. They can require those from other states to self quarantine if they decide to visit. Sounds like a reasonable plan. If everybody in the red states die you can throw a party and annex their lands. Don't hold your breath. (a little COVID-19 humor)

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The hospitals get a stimulus check if they call the death Virus related, even if it is a gunshot wound. All a hoax.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/20 05:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

If it's someone's time to go, I can't save them. Some people simply will die from this virus, like it or not. Everyone dies eventually, like it or not. However, the people who are most susceptible are still free to stay away from the rest of us (self-isolate) as we resume our own survival tasks.
The medical system can save some. All we can hope for is that they are not overloaded to the point that they can not give enough attention to those they can save.

rexlion wrote:

I can't stay off the highway simply because my presence there *might* result in someone's death. I shouldn't be made to feel guilty about driving due to that possibility, either. Nor should I be expected to feel guilty about the possibility that my presence in the workplace or my trip to Walmart *might* have unforeseen consequences in someone else's life.
Again it is not an excuse to act recklessly. Your driving is restricted so the majority can get where they need safely. Temporarily taking a few extra precautions will not end your life. Just as you are expected to slow down in a construction zone temporarily or take a detour wile some work gets done.

* This post was edited 04/19/20 05:19pm by time2roll *

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TechWriter wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I did NOT post what you are saying I did. It’s a quote from someone else I agreed with.

bid_time

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TechWriter wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

New study by Stanford scientist says coronavirus no more deadly than common flu.

There are those pesky scientists again.

Exactly! Time to get those COVID-19 slackers out of the ICUs.
Oh its TechWriter - back with some more of his 1.2 million people are going to die BS.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.