|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The camping industry is going to be hit hard

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 21  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 04:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's also about every other industry that is deemed "non essential" right now that has to close and probably not ever open again. Already seeing it with just the current unemployment claims coming thru and no end in sight.

Essentially, we are effed right now and it's not going to get any better the longer it goes. Why are people still hording paper towels and TP??

18 months?? Don't even want to think about another month of this..

I'm still hopeful for my mid May state park reservation.. But, not really sure I'll be able to go.. Except for that weekend I'll be camping in my side yard if we can't go! [emoticon]

Mitch
[image]

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 05:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

big problems in most industries.

shelbyfv

TN

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think there is virtually no chance this administration will wait even another entire month before they begin to reopen, regardless of the medical situation. For better or worse, who knows? So my crystal ball says Federal campgrounds will be open by no later than July. Permanently, temporarily until the shtf again, who knows? I'm just confident they will give it a try.

Tripalot

Golden Horseshoe, Ont. Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/20 05:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In our area, one of the local RV dealers is allowing nursing staff to live in units instead of chancing taking the virus home to their family.
That is very considerate and generous. I would be leery of buying from that dealer in the future - who knows what be lurking in those trailers.

2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 06:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am more thinking about cars and trucks. There were stories circulating before this thing ever began about people who were upside down on their car loans. They borrowed all the money at a high interest rate for to long of a period. They were just barely making the payments. Now, with the layoffs they are not going to be able to afford that car, that they could not really afford before, but thought that they could.

The upside is that in awhile the auto lots will be so full of slightly used cars, and trucks, that they will be very willing to make a deal on. The downside is that they will then complain about going broke and we will have to bail them out.

I wonder if RV's will be the same way and used ones will become cheaper in the near future ?

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/20 06:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I don't see problem. Summer is a ways away.
Really? I would like to share your optimism, but I see way too many people who want us to stay in lockdown and social isolation for months... some say until we get a vaccine in about 18 months.

I think most CGs will be relatively empty this summer. Those that are open at all, that is.

not a chance... There is no way folks are gonna lockdown for 18 months... Things will open up, then the economy will start to flow yet again.... Just hang in there

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

KD4UPL

Swoope, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/20 06:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope I'm wrong, but. I don't see anything "opening up" until after the November election. There are way too many people in government who are happy with the situation. They are getting lots of TV time. People are hanging on their every word and decision. They get to go on a dictatorial power trip while the public sits at home and waits on their government check to save the day.
It's also shocking how many people are so willing to let the government take away their rights, their job, their business, etc. just so they don't get sick. This virus has something like a 98% or 99% recovery rate. I'll take those odds all day long over the joblessness, bankruptcies, and foreclosures that will lead to alcohol abuse and suicides.
I really hope I'm wrong but the media whipped up such a scare for the people that the government was able to swoop in and implement things that would have never been allowed under normal circumstances.
I don't see "normal life" coming back without a fight from the American people and I'm not sure many have the fight in them.
I hope I'm wrong.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

rexlion wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Really? I would like to share your optimism, but I see way too many people who want us to stay in lockdown and social isolation for months... some say until we get a vaccine in about 18 months.

I think most CGs will be relatively empty this summer. Those that are open at all, that is.

not a chance... There is no way folks are gonna lockdown for 18 months... Things will open up, then the economy will start to flow yet again.... Just hang in there

If needed I will come from the West side to break you out.

BTW I agree 100%.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 06:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KD4UPL wrote:

I hope I'm wrong, but. I don't see anything "opening up" until after the November election. There are way too many people in government who are happy with the situation. They are getting lots of TV time. People are hanging on their every word and decision. They get to go on a dictatorial power trip while the public sits at home and waits on their government check to save the day.
It's also shocking how many people are so willing to let the government take away their rights, their job, their business, etc. just so they don't get sick. This virus has something like a 98% or 99% recovery rate. I'll take those odds all day long over the joblessness, bankruptcies, and foreclosures that will lead to alcohol abuse and suicides.
I really hope I'm wrong but the media whipped up such a scare for the people that the government was able to swoop in and implement things that would have never been allowed under normal circumstances.
I don't see "normal life" coming back without a fight from the American people and I'm not sure many have the fight in them.
I hope I'm wrong.

Where the HE!! are you getting your news?

NO WAY WILL TRUMP let this go on. I will bet things "start" opening May 1.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/20 06:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

rexlion wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

If needed I will come from the West side to break you out.

BTW I agree 100%.

Ron....

There is NO WAY your gonna come to the Crappy East Coast...after dancing around the left coast ...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 21  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The camping industry is going to be hit hard
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.