|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The camping industry is going to be hit hard

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 21  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
shelbyfv

TN

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 08:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ken56 wrote:

The damage to small business is going to take a hard toll. Prediction is 25% will never reopen with those jobs lost. No matter what the gov.does it will not be enough to return to a so call normal. We will enter a period of long hard recovery economically. All those mortgages on "hold"....you better have the cash handy to pay and catch up because that has not been forgiven, only delayed.

I am more concerned with the damage to our freedom and liberties. These shelter orders are not law. Governors can not just declare a law. People are being arrested for just being outside...alone..paddle boarding, running on the beach, a family of 3 in a park not near anyone else, telling us what we can and can't purchase. We have willingly given up our freedom. There is no reason that if people practice proper social distancing protocols we can not go about our private business without government telling us we can not buy paint. I go about my day as I need to and do wear a mask and use gloves when needed. I will not lay down and give up my rights because a governor says I should. Gun stores can't do business but pot stores can? Liquor stores can?
Um, I think you are overly excited. Our Governor here in TN obviously isn't in any hurry to restrict you from doing much unless you feel compelled to hang out in a bar or eat inside a restaurant. Believe you can still buy all the guns you think you need. And yes, the government, whether local, state or Federal can tell you what to do within the constraints of the Constitution which have been pretty well established at this point. This is your trade off for living where you live. Stay safe!

* This post was edited 04/14/20 08:25am by an administrator/moderator *

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ken56 wrote:

The damage to small business is going to take a hard toll. Prediction is 25% will never reopen with those jobs lost. No matter what the gov.does it will not be enough to return to a so call normal. We will enter a period of long hard recovery economically. All those mortgages on "hold"....you better have the cash handy to pay and catch up because that has not been forgiven, only delayed.

I am more concerned with the damage to our freedom and liberties. These shelter orders are not law. Governors can not just declare a law. People are being arrested for just being outside...alone..paddle boarding, running on the beach, a family of 3 in a park not near anyone else, telling us what we can and can't purchase. We have willingly given up our freedom. There is no reason that if people practice proper social distancing protocols we can not go about our private business without government telling us we can not buy paint. I go about my day as I need to and do wear a mask and use gloves when needed. I will not lay down and give up my rights because a governor says I should. Gun stores can't do business but pot stores can? Liquor stores can?

Yeah you know it's bad when tin hats are sold out.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 09:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mockturtle wrote:

If they tested everyone in the country, they could isolate those who test positive, whether or not they are symptomatic. Makes more sense than isolating the whole population.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

If you started tomorrow morning, April 15 2020, and tested 1,830,650 people each and every day including Saturdays and Sundays, you would complete testing the entire population (estimated at 329,517,000 as of 10 minutes ago) on October 12 2020. How do you handle the folks during that time that tested negative, and subsequently were infected at a later date?

Even if the test would only cost $25 each, and I guarantee you they cost a hell of a lot more than that, you're talking about a minimum cost of $45,766,250.00 per day, every day, for 6 months or a total of over 8 billion dollars LOL.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 10:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

mockturtle wrote:

If they tested everyone in the country, they could isolate those who test positive, whether or not they are symptomatic. Makes more sense than isolating the whole population.

If you started tomorrow morning, April 15 2020, and tested 1,830,650 people each and every day including Saturdays and Sundays, you would complete testing the entire population (estimated at 329,517,000 as of 10 minutes ago) on October 12 2020. How do you handle the folks during that time that tested negative, and subsequently were infected at a later date?

Even if the test would only cost $25 each, and I guarantee you they cost a hell of a lot more than that, you're talking about a minimum cost of $45,766,250.00 per day, every day, for 6 months or a total of over 8 billion dollars LOL.

Man, wouldn't that boost the economy..LOL

fast forward a thousand years from now..."Seems all these creatures produced were test kits"...

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 10:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, I'll bet big pharma isn't laying anybody off. I can see those big bonus checks right now.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bid_time

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 11:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

ken56 wrote:

You must have yours pulled to far down over your eyes.

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 11:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

20% of all small businesses fail in the first year and 50% fail in the first 5 years. Don't blame that on orders to self distance.

tommyznr

NR, WI

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 01:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

20% of all small businesses fail in the first year and 50% fail in the first 5 years. Don't blame that on orders to self distance.

To be clear, he stated 25% of all small businesses are expected to fail. I don't know where this comes from or is truly expected, but you are only counting new businesses which is a far smaller number.

Tom

2017 GMC Sierra SLT, Max Tow package
2018 Grand Design Reflection 295RL

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bid_time wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

ken56 wrote:

You must have yours pulled to far down over your eyes.

Nope, sky's not falling around me.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/20 05:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

$8billion is a drop in the ocean compared to the money being thrown around. We already are sending out 50 times that just in the $1200/person checks.

Sure it would take time but by quickly isolating those with the disease, you would limit the spread while people continue to work and keep the economy generating the money to pay for all this.

The way it's going right now we will still be in lockdown this time next year with no sign of an end.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 21  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The camping industry is going to be hit hard
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.