RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: The normal things we miss?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> The normal things we miss?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/20 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I miss volunteering at the library, and our writers' group meetings. There are only so many things one can do online, and if not everyone is online, even that doesn't quite work.

The library and the writers' group are our main social contacts, and we do enjoy them.

Taking the RV somewhere is a distant third.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/20 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only thing we miss is family get togethers of 16 to 21 including the little kids and a baby which happened very often. All live within a 7 mile area as no one will move from the local area (God's country) and all have large homes and we alternate where we gather. All but 2 have very large yards and a fire pit we gather around too.

Food and meals? Haven't and hasn't changed one bit at all as the stores around here have been very well stocked with groceries and we all have TP and PT for at least 6 months or more as we all learned to buy in bulk quantities (cheaper) for years now and also when in big sales are happening.

Dry foods and canned goods and other staples and items and beer, wine, coffee, tea, sugar, and flour too plus drink mixes like Crystal light etc also and many other items that do not require or need refrigeration or have long use by dates. If they do and are freezeable, like meats, cheeses, sea foods, etc. They just go in our large freezers. Eggs keep for many months keeping them at 34 degrees and so does milk last longer too.

It's just the way we think as a family and what we do and sure saves money. One good thing our kids had learned from us way back just after they married. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Virtually never have to make a quick dash to the store for a couple things as we already have them. Sure serves us all very well now with this pandemic! Also keeps us out of the busy crowded stores too. Winning is so much fun!

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/20 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

georgelesley wrote:

Driving my Mazda Miata thru the TN/NC mountains in the springtime.

Why are you not? Being alone in an automobile is the epitome of social distancing.
The world is going to pot because my buddies and I a prohibited from gathering at the diner to solve problems. My remedy is load the dogs up and go for a long quiet drive in the hills. Never speaking or seeing another person.

Lightning55

Pleasanton, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/20 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I miss my weekend day trips. I enjoy jumping in the car and heading to the coast or mountains for the day.

donfla

home

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/20 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still haven’t been able to see my barber but that’s ok, actually kind of liking the longer look. Because of work today I drove through the Ocala National forest which isn’t normal but was a nice change of scenery.

shitall

newyork

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/20 04:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ilove the road trips with my lovable friends/, I prefer maximum road for long distance also. ***Link Removed***

Lightning55

Pleasanton, CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/20 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I miss going out to dinner. Also not being able to take out my FW.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> The normal things we miss?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.