RV.Net Open Roads Forum: HOA says NO to temp RV for Dr.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> HOA says NO to temp RV for Dr.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 11:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerboy wrote:

And this is why I don't live in a association based development.

Dan

As for the whole 'I love HOA's' and 'I hate HOA's' debate, HOA's DO have their place, and in the vast majority of cases, homeowners realize the upside when they sell their homes. As a Realtor, the only way I would not embrace the benefits of a well-run HOA is if I decided I wanted to live in the middle of 10 acres, preferably with not a neighbor in sight. However, in a development as such, I would almost always view the HOA as a definite plus. When it comes time for me to sell, I don't want the 6 cars in my neighbors front yard, the 12" tall grass, the refrigerator on the front porch, or his dilapidated storage shed to have a bearing on the value of my home.

Lwiddis

Near Annett’s Mono Village, Bridgeport, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/20 11:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"You signed the HOA agreement. You live by it's rules."

x2. Let me guess, you didn't read slowly and carefully the HOA rules before you purchased?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/20 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People who bought homes in HOA neighborhoods have no excuse to complain about the HOA rules. The rules were in effect when would bought your home and you signed paperwork acknowledging HOA rules. If you don't like the rules then move.

Many years ago wife and I were looking at a new housing development with homes on 2.5 acres. We were ready to buy. Then I started reading their copy of the HOA rules and got out of there quick as we could.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/20 11:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HOAs are the reason I've never bought where there was an HOA.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 11:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One reasonable answer...where does the sewage go?

If this goes on for even 2 weeks and he's using the on board facilities...he will likely need to dump at least a couple times. And since he's borrowing the unit, he likely isn't well adapted to minimizing water usage.

That said, I'll give 10-1 odds there is more to the story.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 12:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not all HOAs are like this. A neighbor lent his Montana 5th wheel (which is 36' long) to a nurse for this very reason. Her HOA normally doesn't allow RVs to be parked at the home, but in this case, they had no problem with it being parked in front of her house until this all blows over. He is also paying to have the tanks pumped by a honeywagon when the time comes so she doesn't have to worry about it.

As others have mentioned, HOAs are ran by a board. If you don't like the decisions the Board is making, then show up to the meetings to express your opinion, and also vote when elections come up. I was on my own HOA board for 2 years, and I found it interesting that the biggest complainers to the management company were the people who never showed up to meetings or elections. When I was on the board, for the most part, my own feelings were not important, if the majority my neighbors wanted a rule changed or something like that, then it happened. I agreed with them most of the time. We actually made the neighborhood MORE RV friendly during my time. But we also have acre+ lots. I can see why more typical neighborhoods and townhome communities would not want people parking RVs at home.

Also as a side note, there is a whole Facebook group dedicated to people who want to help First Responders and Medical Professionals like this with their RVs. Called RVs for MDs.

2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

One reasonable answer...where does the sewage go?

If this goes on for even 2 weeks and he's using the on board facilities...he will likely need to dump at least a couple times. And since he's borrowing the unit, he likely isn't well adapted to minimizing water usage.

That said, I'll give 10-1 odds there is more to the story.

If you want to make up a "STORY" let's get it a little more closely to REALITY. My wife and I can easily go two weeks on the Black tank, that's being in quarantine. The person can easily take their showers at the Hospital if they want to.

ORRRR Got forbid let the grey tank drain in the lawn each day so there is no oder!

So the person is wanting to do something that certainly is not what they WANT to do but believe is the best interest of the family.

A little common sense would go a long way here!

The below works WELL.

"He is also paying to have the tanks pumped by a honeywagon when the time comes so she doesn't have to worry about it."

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 02:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just one of the so mamy reasons we would NEVER live in an HOA controlled area! Not even if the home was given free to us but we had to live in it.

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

jfkmk

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 04:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

However, in a development as such, I would almost always view the HOA as a definite plus. When it comes time for me to sell, I don't want the 6 cars in my neighbors front yard, the 12" tall grass, the refrigerator on the front porch, or his dilapidated storage shed to have a bearing on the value of my home.

Unfortunately an HOA doesn’t guarantee any of this. I live in a development with no HOA. There is absolutely nothing like what you described around here.

My brother lived in an area very similar to mine, but with an HOA. He had to get permission to plant rose bushes and paint his front door. When he had to replace his roof, it had to be one of two shingles.

Yet his neighbor had the fridge on her back deck and was accumulating garbage on the deck. He complained, but the HOA said they couldn’t do anything about it.

I am one of the HOA haters.

Lwiddis

Near Annett’s Mono Village, Bridgeport, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/20 05:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“Got forbid let the grey tank drain in the lawn each day so there is no oder!”

Illegal, unsanitary, hurts wildlife...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> HOA says NO to temp RV for Dr.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.