|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Purchased my first RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/20 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats! We bought our new 2016 TracerAir 255 a few years ago. It's been a very good TT, once a few issues were fixed. We got it for a great price, for the West Coast.

We move our slideout, on just the battery, all the time.
I store my Camco sewer hose in the bumper.
I lucked out and got a bunch of adapters from a fellow member, at a great price. It also is a rear kitchen floorplan but came with theater recliners.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

travisc

Pacific NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/20 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a winnebago class c and have kept the hoses in the bumper for 10 years, last year one got past the frame bolt and I had to tear the hoseto get it out. but it worked for us.

Winnebago Access 24V

bid_time

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/20 05:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

The bumper is a bad place to store the sewer hose. The interior walls will rust and the vibrations from going down the road will make pinholes in the hose.
Nonsense. Mines been in the bumper for 15 years. Same hose, no leaks.

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/20 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought 2 20 foot sewer hose kits for a total of 40 feet. I've had to use 30 feet at least twice so far. You bought 30 feet...Good move on that. I bought a sewer hose tube from Camping World and mounted it under the trailer and also use the bumper.
JK

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k
570 watts of Solar

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 138 Nights
2020- 72 Nights

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/20 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If any of these other options aren’t feasible for some reason, you can make a storage “tube” out of pvc with a threaded cleanout cap on one end and mount it under the trailer.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/20 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the sewer hose tube that was linked on the first page. I think it is a great way to store the sewer hose as it keeps the stink and anything you don't want out of the trailer. Also less touching it. Just pull it out, I have 2 10' sections that fit in there, unhook one or use both, slide it back in when done. Very clean for me...

I have never needed more hose than the 20' I have. I mostly use 1 10' section.

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/20 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rollindowntheroad wrote:

The Camco RhinoExtreme I ordered was a 20' and a 10' extension. However, the 20' is actually 2 - 10' pieces. Thought it was best to be safe than sorry. I also bought a Camco sewer sidewinder support. The bumper on my TT is 4", the RhinoExteme I don't think will fit in the bumper.

Sadly, the Rhino hose is probably the most popular on the market, and the RV manufacturers persist in making "storage areas" and not just the bumpers, that the hoses don't fit in. I really don't think the RV designers are RV people at all, that is why you see some of the crappy, poorly thought out designs in RVs.

As far as slides go, the truth be known, the voltage drop thru the average vehicle wiring to the 7 pin at the rear bumper and the continued wiring inside, will probably not produce enough voltage in excess of the battery to be of much use, but it certainly won't hurt.

At home or a campground with power, just plug the shore power in first and the converter can be used to assist the battery a bit.

Charles

Need a new owner for my 2007 Winnebago View 523H on a '06 Sprinter 3500 chassis. 30k+ mi, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dymanics PD4645, Chill Grille, deep alum trans pan, Roadmaster sway bar.
Replaced by a '08 Thor FS180 travel trailer and 2003 Ram 2500 CTD 6 spd

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/20 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All of our slides operated on battery only.

1 20 ft section of sewer hose for full houps.
1 6ft section of sewer hose in bumper for dumping.

Make reservations as first come first serve are going by the wayside.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Purchased my first RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.