RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Any one else afraid to travel right now ?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Any one else afraid to travel right now ?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Sponsored By:
Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/20 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We winter in our little piece of tropical paradise in the Florida Keys and normally head back to our sticks and bricks place right around now. Our TT is permanent here.
It takes us two or three nights to get home, and stay in motels on the way, but me with two blood clots in each lung and at 84 years old want no part of a motel.
We are torn between trying to sleep in the truck and trying to make it or just stay here till the situation changes.

Any one in this same situation and what are your plans ?

Guy

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/20 04:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Motels? NO WAY JOSE. My 5'er is the safest place to sleep, other than my home. My wife, a retired L&D RNC will not allow us to venture far right now. I want badly to drive to Phoenix to see some of the grandkids (800 miles). No way she'll let me go right now. Arizona's covid19 rate is still on the rise. Florida? It's gonna get REALLY bad there because of the way they are treating this thing.

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/20 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy Roan wrote:

We winter in our little piece of tropical paradise in the Florida Keys and normally head back to our sticks and bricks place right around now. Our TT is permanent here.
It takes us two or three nights to get home, and stay in motels on the way, but me with two blood clots in each lung and at 84 years old want no part of a motel.
We are torn between trying to sleep in the truck and trying to make it or just stay here till the situation changes.

Any one in this same situation and what are your plans ?

Guy

we're at our winter quarters in AZ but leaving here for IL no later than next Thursday. we'll have CG or RV park reservations locked down before we leave. not afraid to travel but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't a bit apprehensive...just a bit. my buddy and his GF returned to IL from FL last week. they stayed two nights in motels and basically had the places to themselves.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/20 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Traveling is really pretty easy with fewer cars on the road and cheaper gas, and so far, no state-to-state restrictions or checkpoints.

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/20 05:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want to drive to CO from Idaho to visit Hallmark Campers and it's a no go at this time.

To the OP I would pack all the food you need and masks, lysol, rubber gloves, and disinfectant wipes. Look for motel with doors to the parking lot and perhaps reserve and pay online. Wipe the entire room down from door nob, tv remote, bathroom, etc. Stop for gas and sleeping - nothing else. Right now travel is your best oppurtunity to get out of dodge and make it home before it hits the fan in FL.

I wouldn't even think of a restroom, but the wife?????

Ductape

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/20 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

Motels? NO WAY JOSE. My 5'er is the safest place to sleep, other than my home. My wife, a retired L&D RNC will not allow us to venture far right now. I want badly to drive to Phoenix to see some of the grandkids (800 miles). No way she'll let me go right now. Arizona's covid19 rate is still on the rise. Florida? It's gonna get REALLY bad there because of the way they are treating this thing.

Horsefeathers. Florida hospitals are under utilized, there’s no model even showing a resource shortage (and we know now how pessimistic those bogus models are).

There’s no correlation either to demonstrate that states with more restrictions experience less infection.

49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/20 05:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ductape wrote:

jdc1 wrote:

Horsefeathers. Florida hospitals are under utilized, there’s no model even showing a resource shortage (and we know now how pessimistic those bogus models are).

There’s no correlation either to demonstrate that states with more restrictions experience less infection.

+1

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/20 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stay put! You are a prime candidate to be a statistic of Covid. Unless you need to leave, just stay there.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/20 05:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Florida:

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/20 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here we go again.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Any one else afraid to travel right now ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.