|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Back Again

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
avan

Sioux Falls, SD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/20 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After full timing nearly 15 yrs my wife passed and I hung up the keys and bought a condo. After spending a few years learning to cope, I sold the condo and decided to see parts of the country from a different perspective and I bought a 54’ boat to cruise the East coast, the Keys and Bahamas full time. What fun!

My age tells me it’s time to shift gears again so the boat is going up for sale and I’m shopping for a new home again on wheels and hope to be a FT traveling RVer again within a month or so. Looking for 40-42’ diesel pusher @ 10yr +/- old

www.putt10.net

Lwiddis

West & above Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/20 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Drive a hard deal. It’s a buyer’s market.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/20 08:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome back. I remember your posts from long ago.

Teacher's Pet

SD.. Fulltimers. New base Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/20 04:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome back Avan! Did you get the boat to the broker?

'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

avan

Sioux Falls, SD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/20 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Terry & Dale. Moving the boat Monday to the marina where it will be available for sale. Then need to move crew off and then myself. Hoping to have a place to move on to[emoticon]. Then list. I don’t want the “# of days listed clock” to start running until the vessel is ready to show and that means people and possessions off. Boat has been a great place to isolate and don’t want strangers aboard when I’m there.

Lady RVer: “from long ago”. Please rephrase. I feel old enuf as it is [emoticon]

Lwiddis: please don’t give that advice to those looking to buy my boat[emoticon]

* This post was edited 04/29/20 08:25am by avan *

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/20 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you by yourself? Not sure why a single wants a 42 footer, but not mine to deal with. Hope you find what you want and happy trails. Heck If i am ever in your position, I think I could do well with my current 31 ft if not smaller.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

avan

Sioux Falls, SD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/20 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom: not that it’s really your business but yes I’m alone. And I’m downsizing. Considerably

The boat I’m living on and which I’ll sell is 55’ overall and has a 15.5’ beam. It also has 4 floors of living space which provides a total of at least 2-2.5 times the square footage. In addition there is the walk-in below deck storage and walk-in engine room. It has 3 staterooms and 2 full baths plus outside deck seating and lounging areas. A MH will represent a lot less cleaning etc. I won’t be filling a 850 gal fuel tank anymore with diesel, will get considerably more miles per gal and at a higher speed. I will have to get used to having a gray water tank again??. My last summer travel MH was 30’ Aspect triple slide. Nice for what it was - a summer traveler but not for full time living. Most of my 15 yrs of FTing was in 40’ rigs. .

Not sure what you mean ‘if ever in your position” but guessing you mean ‘alone’ or ‘full time’ but guessing from your address in your signature that you are not a full timer and probably not even a long term snowbird. I’m thinking I know what I’m doing. Thanx for your thoughts.

avan

Sioux Falls, SD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/20 01:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot has happened in1.5 months. The boat is in the slip ‘for sale’. Broker is taking pics today. My crew of the past 15 months has moved off and back into her full time motorhome and is now several states away resuming her wandering lifestyle.

I now own a car for the first time in 15 months. The world moves faster by road! I bought a 2019 Jeep Trailhawk 4x4 to tow behind the motorhome. I had Blue Ox ship a new base plate, tow bar and wiring to the marina and it’s now all installed.

I looked, personally and virtually, at a number of motorhomes. Reminded me of the lessons learned 6-7 yrs ago shopping for my then motorhome. Don’t believe what you hear or see. For example, I was very interested in a Country Coach for sale in AZ and did some checking before making reservations to fly to see it. Contacted CAT with the engine serial number to check on engine history. The tech came back on the phone and said “you want to pass on this one”. Seems like less than 100 miles before the rig was brought to CAT for overheating. Said the tech, ‘not just overheating but very extreme overheating’. Cancel that trip.

I did end up buying a very nice, great condition, AllegroBus 40QSP. Included a new set of shoes for it and replacement of a couple of fogged windows. Analysis on all fluids were good though the lack of prior analysis did not provide comparison. Nonetheless, it provides a good baseline. I then had complete changeout of all fluids. Bought it thru my MT LLC so now driving it on temp tags waiting for the permanent ones.

Parked it at an ELKS Lodge campground a few miles from the marina and over a couple of weeks packed all my stuff off the boat and moved onto the motorhome. That gave me plenty of evenings to ‘learn’ the coach, switch locations etc.

Have hired a reputable Captain to care for the boat till sold, clean out sea strainers etc., secure the boat for any impending named storm and to run the boat for its eventual sea trial.

So I’m ‘on the road again’.

ramyankee

North Idaho/Kootenai Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/20 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon]
[emoticon]

Rick and Patti ">
2 Proud CONSERVATIVES ">
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

DianneOK

Donnelly, ID

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/20 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome back!

Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Back Again
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.